-Chapter 31-

I don't know what to do. Francis, Jonas, and Eliegh have not come back. We debated going out to find them, but it was too dangerous. After all, someone would have to stay back with Lilith and Micheal, they were traumatized from being alone. We couldn't all leave and risk losing our home. And one person going alone is a bad idea. So, we decided to wait until they found their way home.
Gavin has had to do the brunt of the work as I'm constantly having children strapped to me. I mainly do small things like cooking and organizing. Micheal and Lilith work on the small garden plants while Gavin has began a field and with bits of extra time, an above ground house. He had said since there's no longer a reason to hide we can live in an actual house. I do not know how he came up with the design but I gladly help when I can.
I do what I'm able, I want to do more but Gavin always tells me to sit down and take care of the twins. I decide to take a walk a little farther out. Gavin always warns me not to but, I have nothing else to do and I know my way back.
I venture farther than I anticipated. I kept finding interesting things that I couldn't stop. I found small animals that were not hostile and wouldn't be afraid. I was overjoyed to pet something small and soft.
That's when I came across a field of flowers. It was beautiful, and I could help but wake up the twins and let them touch them. I used my carrier as a blanket after unwrapping it. I set them both on it and showed them the many flowers.
After playing for awhile, I noticed the sun was beginning to set. I remade my carrier and put both boys in. I picked a couple of flowers for everyone back home and turned around to go home.
My luck must not be very good as a very large animal was behind me. It was brown and furry. It would have been cute if it hadn't stood on its hind legs and roar.
I couldn't help it, I screamed.