-Chapter 21-

I felt warmth. A gentle heat coming from my core.
Soon, I opened my eyes. Witnessed a gentle white light surrounding my skin. I looked to the source of the light. It was Gavin. He had three small white scales on his cheek. Just like him. Just like them. I felt panic, but that was pushed away with pain. That's right, I'm in labor.
It wasn't as bad as before, this time I could handle the pain. Soon, it subsided and I had a chance to breathe and think. Before my thoughts aligned, I blurted,
"You're one of them?" My voice was surprisingly calm, in the situation.
He nodded,
"But I'm not like the ones destroying places. I left when I saw what they were doing. I want to get as many people as I can safe, away from them." I nodded.
Gavin retracted the white light, and the warmth left with it.
"What was that?"
"I can use this to make your pain more durable.. Everyone is off doing something, so we'll have to do this ourselves."
"Do you know how to deliverer a baby? From a guy?"
"I worked in the hospital up there, I've done this before."
Another surge of pain came, and Gavin's light came back.
"When this is over with, disrobe. You'll need to start pushing soon."
I nodded and the pain stopped. I did as I was told. He had me lay down on my clothes and another blanket.
The waves kept coming and he told me to push. He let me strangle his hand in an effort to comfort me. Soon, I felt exhausted, but I continued to push.
Then I heard it, crying. It was my first baby. I still felt pain and I knew that I had to keep going for the second one. I kept going. Soon, my second was born and I felt dead. I wasn't going to sleep until I saw my kids.
Gavin had cleaned and wrapped my first, he told me it was a boy. I cuddled him close to me and his wailing stopped. The other was still crying while being cleaned.
Gavin handed me my second, saying it was another boy. He payed both of them on my chest and said I should rest. He laid a blanket on me and made sure I was comfortable.
My boys. I was in bliss, and I fell asleep.