-Chapter 19-

It has felt like years have passed but in reality it's only been a couple of months. My belly is begging to swell slightly and we are worried about others finding out. The twins are very healthy and seem to be growing faster than normal pregnancies. I've had to wear giant shirts and sweatshirts to be able to walk around without being topless. I've had a few mood swings but they settled down pretty fast. The biggest emotion I felt was anticipation. I want to see my babies.

I was discussing with Eliegh about possibly telling Gavin when I felt it. A pain coming from my stomach. I froze mid-way conversation.
"What's wrong?" Eliegh asked as I clutched my stomach. He quickly guided me to sit down.
"They're moving." I said, awestruck. I felt another pain but instead of wincing, I smiled. They were kicking. Jonas has said that at the rate they were growing they would begin kicking soon. I felt excited.
"Eliegh! They're kicking!" I said excitedly and moved his hand to my stomach, forgetting we were in a public setting. He smile adoringly at my stomach, but quickly moved us to another room noticing stares from other people.
He then went on to coo and coddle my stomach, I thought it was kinda cute. But we were startled out of our own world when the ground began to shake. Eliegh quickly moved to protect me.
He said we'd be better with the others and grabbed my hand and pulled me to the meeting spot we all discussed if something were to happen. When we got there everyone else was already gathered. Micheal and Lilith were frightened and panicked. Especially Lilith she was pale. I quickly reassured both of them with a hug and sweet words.
Gavin saw us all gathered and said he'd like to stay with us no matter what happens. Everyone agreed it'd be nice to have another pair of hands for what we planned.
The group kept the kids and myself in the middle of them in what seemed to a be a protective circle. I asked Francis if he knew what was going on.
"I heard someone saying that they showed up here. That they're talking with the elders now." I felt panic come up through my throat.
"We need to leave, if they're here for you then..." Jonas quickly guided us to the sanctuary's back emergency exit. On the way he had stopped at his office and grabbed some packs. He gave one to everyone.
"These are emergency food, water, and medicine. We're going to leave." He rushed us out the exit as an alarm went off from opening it. We ran.
In the distance we could hear loud talking, like it was through a microphone. And soon, we heard screams.