-Chapyer 33-

Cassisus stayed unusually close to me during our trek back, he matched my pace. He constantly moved his head around as if searching for danger. Feeling uneasy with his presence, I keep to myself and didn't speak. He seemed to want otherwise.
"So um.. Are they yours?" I nodded my head.
"What are their names?" He asked, obviously wanting to have a conversation with me.
"Cadmus and Titus." I said, snuggling the boy closer. They calmed down significantly after the beast was dead.
"Beautiful names for beautiful boys." I have a light smile, my kids are beautiful.
"Just like their mother." I had been too focused on Titus' giggle that I missed what he said.
"I'm sorry, I missed that." He shrugged it off.
"How do you know Gavin?"
"I was a part of the group that exterminated the ship and helped rescue you as a favor."
"Do you know where my other friends are? They were also helping Gavin." I decided I wanted to ask questions, instead of him asking me.
"I saw the doctor one, he helped us with injuries, but as for the others we never met."
"Did Jonas leave? To go back to camp?"
"He was named Jonas? He had received an injury, I believe."
"Was it bad?" I worriedly asked.
"I don't think so, I think he was being cared for by one of our medics. So, he'll be fine. I'm sure he is on his way back to where you live."
I let out a breath of relief, the worst thing that I hoped wouldn't happened was someone getting hurt, or worse, killed, for my rescue. I needed to know if Eliegh and Francis were okay. I had wondered initially as a way to secretly look for them and get some fresh air, but all I did was get myself in trouble.
Suddenly we heard a loud rumble.
"Your weather seems unhappy."
"It's probably a thunderstorm, we should probably find a place to stay dry. We are too far from my home to make it in time." I tugged at Cassisus' arm and pulled him towards a cave, it would keep us from the rain. Just as we entered the cave, the rain began to pour and the wind picked up. Sending some rain into the cave, causing us to back farther into it.
Cassisus had me stay behind him as he checked the cave for dangers.
Father in, we heard groaning of pain. Which caused both of us to be cautious. As we stepped into the deepest part of the cave we saw Francis, laying on his back over a rock. His stomach had been clawed open, as if something had eaten from him and he was bleeding heavily. We knew we couldn't save him, but that didn't stop my reaction,
"Francis!" I pushed myself infront of the Alien to reach him.
"Wait- Jed!" Called Cassius, while he tried to keep me behind him to shield me from danger.
As I reached Francis, we heard a nasty feral growl. The hiss was strangely human. The second I touched Francis, a person I believed had died, appeared.
With his throat almost completely slashed, but the blood dry, was
                    Kaistian.
———————————
Dun dun dunnn!!! I heard your requests for the father to be back so, why not have him be back? Also, selfish plug but, I have a new story I'm currently writing along with this one and if you would check it out I'd appreciate it, it's called A Cursed Wolf. Anyways, thank you for reading!