-Chapter 40-

I woke up to arguing and crying. I could hear voices mumbled, but obviously angered,
"What did you do to him!?"
"N-Nothing!"
"People don't faint out of no where Eliegh!"
"I didn't do anything!"
"Well something obviously happened!"
I opened my eyes and swiftly comforted the crying babies. Gavin and Eliegh were absorbed with each other that they didn't notice me awake. I gave a slight cough which got Gavin's attention.
"What happened?" The lines of his face was etched with worry, I glanced at Eliegh and told the truth,
"I was exhausted. Still am, mind you." Gavin's shoulders slumped in relief.
"Is there anything I can do to help?" He questioned.
"You can be quiet?" I gave the snarky request. Gavin sighed and nodded, he made his way out glaring at Eliegh.
"I'm sorry-"
I sighed, "It's fine, I'm just not really wanting a relationship? I don't know, my head is a mess." He nodded.
"I shouldn't have surprised you with my feelings just when you returned. I'm sorry." I gave a sympathetic nod and ushered him out of the room so I could sleep. I sat the boys next to me and curled onto my side to face them. I slept soundly, the light gurgles and snoring from the twins kept me from dreaming needlessly.
The next morning I woke up to two extra bodies on the other side of me.
Seeing me awake Gavin spoke lightly,
"They were so worried about you that they fell asleep next to you." His calm demeanor, yet tired face told me he probably hasn't slept well. I gently moved myself out of bed, letting the four children to continue their slumber.
"Did you sleep well?" I questioned quietly. He shook his head.
"Ever since my people mostly died, my nerves have been on edge. I'm constantly alert, I feel like you can be taken away at any moment and I guess it makes me nervous."
Unsure of what to say, I give a slow nod.
"Can I help at all?"
"I don't know, just stay safe and I'm sure it'll be fine."
Soon Titus begins to stir, but before he can make a noise I pick him up and quiet him. His brother stayed in a deep sleep. I kept Titus against my hip while continuing our conversation.
"I'm not planning on going anywhere, so rest assured." He nodded.
Soon, Micheal and Lilith stirred from their sleep. Cadmus decided he would wake up as well. I carried both boys as Micheal and Lilith held my legs.
"Jed!" Micheal wined.
"Stop worrying us!" He called, Lilith nodded her head quickly in agreement.
"I'm sorry. It won't happen again." I patted their heads in reassurance.
"Good." Micheal smiled wide. They quickly left me to talk to Gavin. I was startled by a hand landing on my shoulder. I shifted my gaze towards a happy Jonas.
"I'm glad you're okay." He spoke softly.
"Me too. I'm glad you're back." I smiled. Jonas cooed at the two boys and asked if he could watch them for a bit.
"You need some fun without two demons on your back all the time." He said, jokingly. I smiled and set the boys in his arms. They briefly were upset, until he distracted them with small items.
I decided to head up to see everyone else, who all started their daily chores. The first ones I found were Micheal and Lilith, who were playing in a small garden that only had a few sprouts.
"We planted these ourselves! Gavin said they'll get bigger soon!"  I nodded happily, seeing them so excited brought up my spirits. Finding Gavin wasn't so hard, he had been near the two working on digging a hole for our fallen friends. He never found Francis, so a wooden post was already placed next to the hole. "What are you doing? You should be resting." He stayed calmly.
"I'm not tired, Jonas took the twins so I could get some fresh air. Don't worry I'm staying really close." Gavin looked concerned but let it be. When I asked if I could do anything though, he gave me a stern no. I wondered around a bit until I found Eliegh, he was looking at the unfinished house that Gavin had been working on before I left. The house was almost done and seemed like a waste to not complete it.
A loud noise interrupted our thoughts. Everyone immediately began to worry and ran towards our home; where the noise came from.