Alpha King

(A/N): honestly slap me cuz i need to be more consistent with my updates. Also ignore the mistakes plez.

It had been a long time since Taehyung had met his beta friend Jung Hoseok. It seemed like he had almost forgotten his face. His heart was thumping with each step he took into the palace. There were maidens all around lowering their heads in the unusual cold atmosphere.

"Tae!" A sudden familiar voice interrupted him.. It was him.

"Hobi...? Oh my god i can't believe it's you!" Taehyung smiled widely as he ran to the beta and hugged him tight, Jungkook following him with Haneul and Taeguk. The omega was too busy chattering with his old friend that he almost forgot what he was here for.

"Tae... its really great that you're here but...i have something to say" Hoseok's face dropped as he said that, excusing the others while he dragged Taehyung and Jungkook to a side. Taeguk watched from afar with a confused face as he saw the omega's lips droop down word after word, and in the end tears pooling in his eyes.

"Tae he's just sick... he'll be fine trust me" Jungkook immediately engulfed the younger into a hug and comforted him.

"I-I should go see him!" Taehyung said in a hurry as he went past the duo and ran towards the king's room. Jungkook watched with concerned eyes and later looked at Hoseok questioning his timing.

"You could've told me first. You know he can't take it!" Jungkook said sadly. Hoseok lowered his head and sighed.

"I know but... i think it's too late. It had been weeks since he fell sick.."

Jungkook's brows knit together as he glared at the beta and stepped closer.

"Then why did it get so late to let us know?" The raven haired alpha tilted his head.

"The previous guard we sent to let you know... was murdered..." Jungkook's eyes widened as Hoseok finished his words. That was when Min Yoongi stepped inside.

"Jungkook where did the kids go-" His words were cut off as he met eyes with the red haired beta he hadn't seen in a long time.

"Oh it's you." Yoongi said coldly. Hoseok looked back like he was almost used to the rough treatment, but yet sadness lingering in his eyes. Hoseok was about to tell him the news when Yoongi interrupted him.

"I know. The king is ill." As the beta finished his words the atmosphere went dead silent. Jungkook sighed and walked away to go check on the king and Taehyung while Hoseok kept blankly staring at the floor.

"So. Life here is great huh...mate" Hoseok reacted nothing to the last word whereas Yoongi smirked, walking behind to lean against the wall as he gazed at the beautiful silk drapes and decorations of the palace. The red haired beta said nothing, his gaze lost and completely unfocused.

"Didn't you miss me? I thought mates usually got that restless feeling when they didn't see each other. Why can't i see it in you??" Yoongi glared carefully but without getting an answer he was forced to push the weaker beta against the wall.

"Why can't you fucking answer me!" Yoongi bursted out in anger, his hands almost choking Hoseok's neck.

"Because I'm not your mate Yoongi" Hoseok whispered, eyes almost turning red as he slapped the other beta's hands away.

"Oh. So this was just a joke then!?" Yoongi shouted as he ripped Hoseoks  and his own collars to reveal two very prominent mating marks, his hot breath fanning angrily over the red haired beta's lips. Pearl like tears emptied out of Hoseok's eyes in loss, hands struggling to push an angry Yoongi away.

"You behave like i dont even exist Hoseok. What even am i to you???" Yoongi glared with a tint of pain in his voice.

"I was drunk Yoongi! So were you! We weren't exactly thinking about what we were doing! So leave it behind!" Hoseok snapped back and pushed the raven head off of him. Yoongi stood there facing the wall blankly as Hoseok walked away. The ravenette never knew he had the strength empty tears at this point. And also have his heart broken. He was the fool for loving a beta with a dead mate. And also a fool for not bothering to see if his own mate was around or not.

Meanwhile Hoseok had ran to the nearby room to cry his heart out against the wall. He punched the hard surface weakly a few times but it gave him no peace. He didn't know if he did right or wrong. Yes he had a drunk night with Yoongi, a big mistake. But he should've known that he was the only one with a dead mate. Not Yoongi. The kohl eyed beta probably had someone waiting for him and for Hoseok to interfere in their lives would be a big wrong...He'd never be able to forgive himself. After all his fate was to be the lone wolf.

The king's room was dreadfully silent except for the small cries of a broken omega. He could clearly see the signs of old age on his father, his veins turning green and his skin dead pale. It hurt him to see the man in such a state, though he was usually a strong man who rarely got sick.

"K-Kookie, he'll be okay r-right?" Jungkook nodded with a weak smile and patted the omega's back softly. Taehyung's mother was holding her husband's hand and crying silently. 

"I hope you take good care of him Jungkook-" The man coughed and by the look in his eyes the ravenette knew he had something to say. Jungkook gestured Taehyung's mother to lead him out of the room...

"We need to talk for a while..ok? Wait outside for me." Jungkook whispered and kissed the younger's forehead. Taehyung nodded and left the room with his mother, sniffling. The alpha noticed a hand creeping up his own and pressing his fingers tightly. The old man looked at him concerned and so did Jungkook.

"J-Jungkook... I'm glad you sent them away. I don't think i can stick around much longer.." The man stopped in between to catch his breath and the alpha almost felt bad for making him talk in a situation like this.

"My T-Taehyung. I-I feel like someone's after him- Please protect him I'm begging you-"

"I swear to god i won't give him up for anything father." Jungkook held the man's hand against his chest with stubbornness in his eyes.

"B-But i can feel something bad... I'm afraid- I'm afraid something's going to happen. They're already pillaging our lands- Please protect my son-" As the man said he began gasping for breath, his hands shivering and pressing firmly over the alpha male's cold ones.

"S-Stay" The man whispered with a strained voice.

"F-Father calm down! Can you hear me!? Father!?" Before Jungkook could stand up and go get help he witnessed the elder's hands going numb and falling lifeless over the bed. His eyes teared up as the harsh realisation hit him. The alpha king was no more....

(A/N):  Ooof Dramatic. aaahhhh so like I'm confused who should be the top in sope. Yoongay or Hobs?? I think it's better if its yoongi. 💜💜💜