Foster Care

Flicka's POV

     I go the three miles back to the city. My backpack seems more manageable while I have shoes to wear.

   I creep in the shadows. The city is busy and sunny and loud. Anyone can notice me. I safely get back to the Alleyway.

  I don't unpack my bag Incase I have to run again.

  Which is much sooner than I thought.

  "Kid! I knew you were going to come back!" I hear. I get up and start to run again.

  But he is very fast. He grabbs my elbow and I scream. "Let go!" I try to rip away, but his grip is tight. "Augg!" I scream. He grabs my other arms so I have to look him in the eyes.

  He thinks I am not prepared for this! But oh! I am! I stare him down. If looks could kill he would be on the ground.

  "Is your name Flicka?" He asks. I narrow my eyes. In a blink of an eye, I whip my arms around so now I am holding him. "Why!" I demand.

  He tries to pull away but I am strong. "Because I knew your parents" He says.

  knew.

  Just as they said. I dropped my arms and my  knees gave way, sending me crashing to the hard pavement of the Alleyway.

  I wrapped my arms around my bent knees and placed my head on the soft purple fabric of my skirt. My half braided hair spayed out all around my head like a soft blanket, blocking out the world.

  I squeeze my eyes shut so the tears I have been holding back ever since I first left the Alleyway. My breathing cones out ragged as it tries to push past the lump in my throat.

  I feel a hand on my back. I shoot into a standing position again. I step back a couple steps from the man. I size him up.

   He is only 3 feet taller than me and very skinny, no meat on his bones. Plus, he doesn't have any muscles.  He has brownish hair and soft blue eyes. His skin is the color of paste.

  He is very clean too. His hair shiney and his suit perfect, except for the wrinkles of our chase earlier.

  "Let me help you" He says. His voice is as rough as gravel. "No! I don't need help!" I shouted. He sighs and looks down at his perfectly polished black shoes.

  "Yes, yes you do" He says. I shake my head violently. "I have been living by myself for 7 years! You leave me be!" I shout.

  He shakes his head. "You know I can't do that, Flicka" He says. "You can!" I say menically. "And you will" I finish. I jump on the ladder that goes up on the next building.

______________

Sorry if that was bad. I will try harder next time :)

-PuppyLove1145