Graduating High School

"Congratulations to the graduating class of Valley Christian High School! May your futures be bright!" Our school's president announced at the end of the graduation ceremony.

Everyone cheered and threw thier hats up in the air. I ran around looking for my best friend, Beau.

We've been best friends ever since pre-school and he was going to the University of Denver to play hockey and I was staying in California to attend USC to study Kinesiology.

"You look like your in a daze, Riles," I twitched hearing the nickname Beau gave me because I didn't like it too much.

"Bear, you know I'm not fond of that name," he twitched when I called him his nickname.

"And you know I don't like that one," he said smiling.

I laughed, "I can't believe we did it. I'm going to miss you."

"Come on, we still have grad night and I'm not leaving until next month, so we have time," he told me.

"You're right," I said smiling.

"Aweeee...there's our boy," Beau's mom said next to my mom.

"Yeah, when are you kids getting married. You two are too cute together," my mom said.

"Now now they're just children. She's not allowed to get married until she's at least 30. She's my little girl," my dad said.

I blushed because Beau and I weren't together but I sure did have a major crush on him, I practically loved him.

We all laughed it off and took pictures with our families. Beau and I headed to the buses for grad night, we wave bye to our parents and took the bus to Disneyland.

"You excited?" Beau asked me.

"Can you tell?" I said with my leg anxiously shaking, "You know I am!!! I love Disneyland!" I yelled with the whole bus turning to look at me. I blushed and put my head into Beau's shoulder embarrassed.

"Awweee you're so cute when you blush," he said. That made me blush more.

We arrived at Disneyland not long after that and Beau and I ran around everywhere to go on rides. We went on every ride at least twice.

We just had a good time. At the end of the night, they had a fireworks show. I was cold, so Beau had his arm around me and pulled me closer. I was super happy, "Thanks Bear."

He laughed, "No problem, Riles."

After the fireworks we all head back to the buses and back to the school. I ended up sleeping on the ride and used his shoulder as a pillow.

"Riley, wake up. We're here," Beau said waking me up.

"Huh..oh okay," I said.

We headed back to Beau's house and put in a movie to watch, but we both fell asleep on the couch.

To be continued...