Because of a Band Aid

It's been a few weeks since I've moved in with Beau. I've started my work with the Penguins and everything was going great.

My parents would call and let me know how they were and ask me how everything was going.

Mom would always ask if Beau and I were a couple, I always said no, unfortunately.

I was at the house now making a special dinner for Beau to say thank you. It was going to be a huge surprise since he'd been gone training at the rink all day. The stew was full of vegetables and had some beef chunks in it. It was heating up in the crock pot.

While the stew was cooking I decided to make an apple pie and turn some music on. I was cutting up the apples when my favorite part of the song came up and I began rocking out. I ended up slicing my finger pretty bad. I ran upstairs to clean out the cut.

*Beau's POV*

I pulled into the driveway with some flowers. Today's the day I was going to ask Riley out.

I walked into the house and it smelt delicious. 'Riley you spoil me,' I thought. I walked into the kitchen, "Riley it smells so...oh hmm you're not in here," I looked in the crock pot, "Mmmm beef and vegetable stew."

I walked over to the apples and saw the blood on the knife, "Riley!!" I ran upstairs to the bathroom and saw her washing her hand. I came up behind her and grabbed her hand. She cut her finger, "What happened?"

"I cut my finger while cutting up apples for the apple pie. Wait why are you home? You got home before the food was ready, I had it all planned out for a surprise," she said as I took a better look at her finger.

"It was still a surprise, I didn't know you were making me dinner. Now enough talk sit down so I can patch you up," I told her.

*Riley's POV*

Beau reached under the sink for the first aid kit and fixed my finger up with medicine and a bandaid. Then he kissed my finger, "All better," he smiled.

"Thank you," I blushed.

We went down stairs, I checked on the stew and Beau cleaned up the knife. I turned around and saw some pretty flowers on the counter. I grabbed a vase, filled it with water, took the wrapping off the flowers, cut the stems and put them in the vase. They looked beautiful and smelt great.

"You found your surprise, too" Beau said wrapping an arm around me.

I blushed, "They're so pretty. Thank you. The stew is almost ready too."

"So Riles, I was going to ask you on a date, but let's make this our date if that's okay," he said.

"Of course. You know I wouldn't say no," I told him as I turned into his hug.

I looked up to him and he gave me a kiss on my forehead. I blushed more.

"Haha, look at your red face. You're so adorable. Will you be my girlfriend Riles?" He asked me.

"Yes!" I said excitedly. He pulled me into a kiss and I deepened it until the timer went off. We both reluctantly pulled apart to get dinner together.

Beau grabbed bowls and poured us each a glass of red wine.

I put the stew in each of the bowls and we ate together.

"This is so good Riles," Beau said.

"Thank you, I'm glad you like it," I told him.

After we ate dinner, we talked for a while.

"Let's have a lazy day tomorrow," Beau said.

"That sounds great since we're both off," I said.

We ended up going upstairs to Beau's room and made love. We'd had drunken sex before but this time it was full of passion.

To be continued...