2014

*Sorry for the late response. I've been super busy. I'll update more frequently now*

I was making my way out of the Kings locker room. After earning my degree, I was offered a job with the LA Kings and I was beyond excited. I started a year ago and now were in the Stanley Cup Finals.

We only needed to win one more game.

I continued to watch Beau's games and I was sad when they didn't win, but at the same time happy because the Kings were so close. Beau and I talked as much as possible but it was hard with our careers and the distance we had with me in California and him in Pennsylvania.

We won the cup and I headed to the locker room to congratulate the boys.

"Riley!!!" about half the team yelled.

I laughed, "Hey guys!!! We won!! Congrats!!!!!" I walked around asking each player how they were feeling, they all said fine.

"Come on Riley, come out with us," Carter said with his arm around me.

"Best be careful, Jeff. You know her heart belongs to that Bennett kid," Richards told him.

I blushed, "You're crazy. I haven't seen him since I graduated high school."

"You never know, maybe he'll show up here," Doughty said.

"I haven't even talked to him in like a month. He probably has a girlfriend and I don't even like him like that," I lied.

"Why are you blushing then?" Quick said.

"Come on guys, leave her alone. Let's celebrate!!!" Coach Sutter said.

We all had some champagne and celebrated all night long.

A few headed to the bars, but I decided to head home. We were all going to Quick's house tomorrow anyway.

*The Next Day at Quick's House*

I arrived early to help set up.

Around 3 everyone showed up, except Doughty, he was showing up late because he had to pick something up.

We were all laughing about and celebrating. We were eating burgers and drinking.

"Hey Drew's here, and he brought a buddy Riley," Carter said.

"That's cool," I said, not really caring. I was thinking about the conversation I had with Coach Sutter.

*Flashback to Before Winning the Cup*

"Hey Coach, you wanted to talk to me?" I said walking into his office.

"Take a seat Riley. Listen, we love having you here, but we have to give you up to another team," Coach told me.

"Wait, why?! I've done everyth-" I was cut off by coach.

"I know but they offered you a lot more money and we just couldn't offer more," he told me. I nodded with tears in my eyes, "Listen, you'll find out more later, but for now just enjoy your time here."

*End Flashback*

"Riley, he's here to help you get ready for your new job," Richards said.

"Oh," I frowned.

"Come on Riles, a smile suits you so much better," a new, but familiar voice said.

To be continued...