13

The boys and I spent every day together, they rarely all got to be together but I did my best to let them meet. 

over the last couple of weeks I had come up with a temporary system. I'd been using the excuse of comparing powers for research to get permission to bring one of the guys into a different cell. 

Though we usually just ended up messing around a laughing instead of testing. Me and Jin got along well due to his motherly nature and he was a constant restraint on the boys when he knew things were getting odd to the public eye. 

Jhope and Yoongi also seemed to understand the importance of keeping up the charade as best we could and helped a lot with appeasing the scientists. 

Jungkook was still really shy around me, but after seeing him with all the others I realized he was a serious prankster, him and Jimin together was a lot to handle some days. 

Rapmon was a serious clutz, and after talking with him almost every day I realized how much he really cared for the other boys, how much they all cared for each other really.

I knew the idea of getting along with the boys and publicly owning up to it in a facility full of scientists must have made them antsy. 

I had been questioned thoroughly about the boys again and again, the scientists curious about the limits on their powers. I told them that they were just boys, but as they grew accustomed to the facility they got more and more daring, confronting scientists and provoking guards. 

They would abuse their powers when they got too excited, and I'd be left with no way to explain away all the broken training equipment and food trays. 

It started getting harder and harder to convince them that there was not much to be learned, especially when the boys were so open with their gifts now.

The most chilling night in the facility was the night Mason caught me snooping. I was going through the more private files on the boys, reading up on their old lives and such. The file department wasn't off limits, but when Mason placed his cold hand on my shoulder, my heart stopped anyways. 

"Getting curious are we?" I nodded, laughing as if he hadn't scared me half to death.

  "Just reading up on the boys, hoping to get them to trust me more, ya know? It makes sense why they hate all the doctors so much-" He cut me off cleanly, pretending i hadn't said a word. 

"My dear miss Marx i think you need to think about where you fit in here. We picked you up off the street, and we pay you fairly. You need to get these boys to trust US, not just you. If we find you're getting too emotionally attached we will have to get our answers in our own way." He had left immediately after but I was cold for the rest of the night. He had openly told me i wasn't doing enough. 

All of the arguments and close calls that arose from my probing, the mistrust that reared it's head at times was worth nothing. That all of the extra exercise, all of the deep questions i had pushed onto the boys to please them, wasn't enough. My blood was ice, and the ball of fear in my stomach suddenly seemed like a gaping hole.

My converse tap quietly on the metal floor as I chew my lip, trying to think about what to do. The boys were my friends, but the fact that they were trapped here wouldn't change. I've been doing my best to keep both sides happy but Mason's words ripped though any sense of relief i felt, leaving me open to the reality of what he was. 

Why did mason even need answers so badly? The boys could control themselves and they weren't a danger to anyone, none of the public even knew of their existence. The scientists glowered as I passed, but i ignored them and tried to let the fear fade, at least for now.