17

I'm careful not to mess up any of the machines as i unplug each one carefully, turning them off as i stand up. 

I walk out of the room and into the hallway, heading towards the first room i find, Yoongi's. I push the door open and find him asleep on the bed, but i walk over and take his hand anyways, needing the warmth. 

I need to know he's okay, that he's real, that this is real. I sit in the chair next to him hoping my over powering thoughts wake him. 

I get my wish, his eyes shoot open and his eyes meet mine. He knows what V's powers can do, he knows i should be dead. I will him to see the answer in my eyes, but he does me one better and reads my mind.

"You're like us?" It's a question, but i immediately nod and look down at our entwined hands, glad it was him who i found. He was more gentle than the others gave him credit for. 

"The doctor finally found out, and he told Mason i'm not completely human. I think i'm screwed." Yoongi stares at my lifeless eyes a long time before sighing, shifting my hand gently as he tries to adjust his position so he can see me better. 

"What are you exactly?" I look up at the ceiling, tasting the actual words on my tongue, though i know he can see everything i answer anyways i know i need to say it out loud before i believe it. 

"I'm immortal. I never die, no matter how many times my heart stops i just wake up the next morning. Tae got me for a bit here, but as always after a few minutes my body wakes itself back up. I can't even remember how old i am, i've lived so many lives. Always me but not really, i  get everyone gets suspicious and i move on. " Yoongi stares for a while before blowing some hair out of his face, i reach over and move it for him, and he smiles softly.

"We thought you died, they left Tae's door open when...He was screaming your name and the doctors all left to try and get you help." His voice cracks, and I look down at our hands and allow a small bitter smile to peek through my lips.

  "I've tried you know...so many times i've tried but it never works. Some days i realize how empty the life i'm living is, so i start a new one...Who am i?" I stare at a bolt in his white bed, wishing it had all the answers, lost in my thoughts i don't hear Yoongi calling my name until he tugs on my hand. 

I lift my head and meet his eyes, my own start to feel hot and dry, and a sob threatens to spill out, taking my sanity with it. But Yoongi's calm and gentle voice pauses the tirade. 

"You're Lia, and you're someone i care about. Someone we all care about. Especially Tae" Tears well up and spill over my eyes as i lean my head on Yoongi's hand. I nod and try my best to not blather like a baby, but it's not working. He coos at me softly, his voice low and soft as he stretches his chains to the max to run his fingers through my hair soothingly. 

  "Shh beautiful girl, it's okay. I'm here, we're all here." I let it all out as he stiffly rubs my head with his limited movement, his hands are warm and his voice makes me feel safe. 

This pervert was making me feel like i had some kind of home in him and the boys. He chuckles when he hears me say pervert in my mind, and a sit up and try to wipe the tears away. 

"What does it feel like getting shot?" I stare at Yoongi, wondering if he's serious His eyes are earnest and a laugh breaks through my sobs as i dry my eyes. 

"It honestly really hurts! Especially when you literally bite the bullet. I broke all my teeth and when i woke up they were literally just fine again.I It drove me crazy!" Yoongi keeps asking me crazy questions and i respond by laughing at his childishness before going into detail about all the times and lives i've lived through. It feels nice, and my fear slowly melts away as i watch him break into a sweet little gummy smile.

After what feels like hours i hear a knock and look up to see Trevor in the doorway, his face a question mark. News has probably spread, and nobody wants to actually tell me what's happening. 

I'm grateful because i'm sure Trevor volunteered. I tell Yoongi i appreciate him listening and he teases me about waking him from his beauty sleep, i roll my eyes and smack his arm. As i turn to go he grabs my hand, his eyes serious again. 

"Make sure Tae knows you're alive whenever you can. He doesn't know." I nod and pull my hand from his grasp softly, patting his writs as i turn, following Trevor into the hallway.

He stares at me a long time, questions bubbling in his eyes. But he closes them and puts his hands on my shoulders, more concerned for me than what i am. 

"You know they want to run tests on you? They think because you're immortal they can find the key-" 

"What key" Trevor pale's and turns away when i interrupt. I try to get him to meet my eyes but he pulls away and turns, walking towards the observation room. But i pester him as i follow, refusing to be in the dark.

"What key? the one to your room-" I smack his arm and he flinches, still refusing to look at me. 

"Trevor what do you mean the key?" Trevor stops and sighs as he turns to me, and I wait patiently as the words come together in his head. I run my fingers through his hair and adjust his askew glasses with a smile and he looks at me gratefully. 

The smile dies as he looks down, swallowing hard. He looks up and his eyes are like a tornado. 

"The boys are here because Mason thinks he can use their blood to make more supers. He wants to weaponize them, use them for the government and make an army of loyal supers. Your blood may hold the key. But since he can't force you to do anything because you can't die...he's going to leave you be."

His words echo in my head, and i try to make sense of them. He's going to use the boys and then what? Throw them away? Trevor leaves me in my thoughts, and i stand in the hallway for as long as my feet can handle before turning and running down the hall. 

My bare feet slap the metal as i push my legs as hard as they'll go, not really knowing where i'm headed.