27

I look up at him and smile, a sob breaking through my lips before i can stop it.

"Tae he won't ever stop looking for us if i go with you. If i stay he has no reason to keep the rest of you. He needs what's in my blood, he needs me but the rest of you deserve to be free. I do love you Tae. There's no doubt in my mind that you're the only one i've ever loved this much in my entire life. You're the only one i will ever love so unabashedly. You make me whole again. You gave me life Tae, You are all i could ever want,  You're light is so bright, there's so much you need to do, i can see that. I love you Taehyung, that's why you need to go. Because i don't want to lose you. "

I lean forward and he immediately pulls me towards him, his lips seek mine out like he's drowning, and i'm all he needs to come back to the surface.

 My lips do the same, and we both choke on sobs as our lips meet again, his hands grip me so tightly I almost forget it's the last time they will.

 I grip his neck desperately as i sob, breathing in all of him as i etch each detail of his perfection into my mind. 

I don't ever want to forget the raw beauty that is Kim Taehyung. 

The kiss is hungry and raw and leaves my lips burning, tears sting my cheeks as he pulls away. I look up at him, and though his eyes are determined I steel myself as he searches my eyes desperately.

"No, we'll run together." His voice breaks with tears as he tries to be firm, he pulls me towards the jeep and i let him. 

He climbs in and just as he turns to pull me in I look up into Jimin's eyes and tears pool and drip down his cheeks as he nods, knowing what i need him to do.

 I meet all their eyes quickly as i blink hard, trying to give them all a smile. They all mean so much to me...and i am grateful for what they gave me. A reason to live, and a life i could be proud of in the end.

Jimin's arms wrap around him from behind and he looks back at him confused as he tries to pull me in.

 My hand slips from his all too quickly and it takes everything in me to not reach for it again. 

There's a burning in my chest i know won't ever leave, and it's all i can do to keep from sobbing at the sight of him reaching for me with those eyes so full of hurt. 

They widen as he turns back and I close the door and nod to Yoongi, whose cheeks are slick with tears too.

He looks like he wants to disagree and pull me in, they all do. Jungkook sobs as he clings onto Tae's arms, shaking his head as Jhope pats his back. RM's eyes are filled with gratitude and he gives me a solid nod which i return as he bites his lip and wipes the tears from his face.

Tae pulls against Jimin who clenches his eyes and sobs, pulling him back with all he has as Jin tries to talk Tae down as he meets my eyes and gives me a soft smile that doesn't reach his eyes. 

I smile back and put my hand against Tae's window as he shakes his head, not accepting that they were leaving me.

"I love you." I whisper as he places his hand against mine from the other side.

I watch as he panics and starts to drain his friends to get free, and i sob. 

My eyes pierce him as he starts to struggle again to reaching for me. I'm numb as i pull my hand away and step back.

"No! Lia! Dammit we can't leave her YOONGI!" His voice pierces my heart and i close my eyes and breathe deeply, trying to ignore the pain as i give him one last look and smile as best i can.

I turn to the rest of them and smile.

"I love all of you, now get out of here." Yoongi gives me one last look and then puts the car in drive and races away.

I hear Tae scream my name until the jeep finally disappears into the trees.

 He took my heart with him, and now i was alone. They were gone, and i feel nothing but relief and the shattered remains of my heart.

Men grab me from behind, their fingers digging into my skin as i stare at the trees . 

They're gone....

"where are they?" i turn to Mason and Smile, my lips trembling as i watch the dust fade.

"They're gone but i'm here. That's all you need, so forget about them." My voice is even and hollow, knowing i had won didn't make me feel better.

Watching the dust settle gives me a sense of hollow peace.

He can't get them back without exposing himself. 

He sneers and i'm dragged away as i watch the garage door slowly lower and i lean my head back and smile, my tears drying on my cheeks.

They're free.