Chapter 18: Ephemeral

(adj) lasting for a very short time.

Jimin woke up to hands trailing all over his body , the fits of laughter escapes his mouth as Yoongi started tickling him.

" Yoongi stop." He said in between the giggles.
" Morning to you too baby boy." Yoongi leaned in for a quick kiss again making Jimin blush at the word 'baby boy'.

" How are you feeling ?" Yoongi placed his hands on Jimin's naked waist , pulling him more closer to his body.

Jimin flushed , burying his head into Yoongi's neck , nodding in response.
" What do you want to eat ?"
" Wanna cuddle." Jimin replied in pout making Yoongi coo even more.

" Let me feed you first okay ?" Jimin nods to that covering his body in blankets like a cocoon.

" - so that's how I had to take Min sun to my date even though I was gay." Both started laughing at Yoongi's confessions.

" Ah poor Yoonie." Jimin said in a teasing manner , falling over Yoongi as he laughs.

" You should tell me about your high school stories too." Yoongi proceed to lay on his side , staring at Jimin's face directly.

" I don't have any fun story like you , I never payed attention in my classes , and neither I had any friends. You can saw I was that loner guy that nobody wanted to befriend." A dry chuckle left his mouth. But Yoongi could feel the amount of hurt behind the fake smile.

Yoongi placed a hand on Jimin's shoulder to assure him but in return he just gave him a painful smile.
" You know I was bullied a lot in school. They called me the ' abandoned pup '. Funny nickname right."
" Jiminie." Yoongi placed his hand on his cheek , looking into his eyes. But there were no sign of tears just a blank look that Yoongi wasn't able to interpret.

" My parents abandoned me when I was around 1 year old , actually they abandoned me on my birthday. I was left on the doorstep of an orphanage with just a simple note that said ' sorry for abandoning you on your birthday '. They for sure sound very sorry right." The hurt look on Jimin's face was shooting draggers at Yoongi's heart.

" Jimin , I'm so sorry." He tried to hug Jimin but he just backed off , refusing any type of physical touch.

" You don't have to be sorry for anything , you know." He answered blankly.
" It's okay if you want to cry Jimin. I'm here for you , always."

Jimin laughed bitterly at the word 'always'.
" Don't say something that you won't be able to fulfill."
" What do you mean Jimin ?" Yoongi looked at him with confused expression.

" I'm going out for a while , don't try to reach me." Jimin grabbed his phone and the jacket lying on the sofa , running out of their hotel room without any further explanation.

"Just when I thought I came closer to your heart you took a step back." Yoongi sighed , watching the door closing behind.
"Jimin , what do I have to do to get closer to your heart ?" He closed his eyes falling back on the bed.

Jimin didn't know where he was going , he just wandered around the hotel without a particular destination.
Soon he settled down on a bench in a park , eyeing the happy couples and families that were cherishing their time together.

Jimin sighed , leaning his head back , letting the cool air strike his face.
His peaceful moment was interrupted by the vibration of his phone.
He opened his eyes slowly, the bright screen blinding him.

"Mr Chaewon ?"
"JIMIN!" His voice was loud , anger clearly visible in it.

"Yes?" Jimin asked in a shaky voice.
"Jimin have you lost your mind? Did I ordered you to go on a honeymoon with him and enjoy there. Huh?"
"I-"
"What ? Huh, I don't need any explanation I just need the dead body of him. We're still trying to relocate the deal with his manager while he's not here. You just need to kill him and get back here. UNDERSTAND?"

"Y-yes."
"And remember, I'm always watching you."
He chuckled in a slow but evil tone.

Jimin's body stared at his phone as Chaewon hung up. The thoughts started running wild. He let the cool breeze soothe him for a while. His head being a mess with all the thoughts , mostly of Yoongi's. The night started growing darker and he finally decided to go back.

Why he have to meet Yoongi in such a situation ? Why his life have to be so complicated? When he thought he could be happy after such a miserablife , his happiness was getting far away from him again.

"Jimin?" Yoongi called out as he heard the door getting unlocked.
He hoped Jimin would be feeling nice after clearing his head out , but this time he looked more of a mess.

"Jimin , let's eat-" He was again sushed by Jimin's lips against his. The kiss was not soft like their previous one it was full of anger and irritation. But Yoongi didn't stopped him , he just let him do whatever he wanted.

Yoongi broke the kiss , looking at Jimin's eyes for any emotions , but he just stared blankly.

" I'm going to sleep." Jimin peeled off his jacket throwing it on the floor as he covered himself with the covers.

"Jimin.." Yoongi whispered before switching off the lights.