1.2- Some Assembly Required

"Everybody up! Zarkon's attacking"

I opened my eyes directly and ran to my bayard. I took it in my hand while I ran out of my room.

"The castle's about to be destroyed! Go, go, go! We need Voltron now!" I heard Allura yell and I ran till the control room and nothing was wrong there. Aw man. I stopped and looked at Allura and Coran while they stood unharmed.

"Hurry we can't survive much longer," She spoke and didn't notice I was already there. Then Coran looked at her. "You've got to sell it a little more." He clears his throat. "Oh, no! Allura is dead! AW, it's horrible! Her head fell off!"

I saw the rest of us come in and we looked at them. Coran still didn't notice, "Wait! What? Her severed head is trying to speak to me! What is it, Allura's head? What are your final words?" He said and just then Allura noticed us.

"Coran." She said and looked at us. "Oh, yes, Princess, I'm listening." He said in a dramatic tone. Allura then sighed and looked at him. "It's over"

"Oh, I know!" He groans. " If the only Voltron had been formed." He sat on his knees and looked really ridiculous. He looked up and saw us. He stood up directly, "Oh! Time!"

"I guess this isn't an actual attack," Shiro asked and I nodded in agreement. He was the only one in his armour and I was the only one who has it's Bayard. Allura looked really pissed out and glared at us. " And it's a good thing it wasn't because it took you... Coran?" She asked Coran and looked at him.

"Seventy-five degrees." He answered and I looked at him confused. "degrees?" I asked. He noticed it. "Oh, sorry. No this is a thermometer."

"However long it was, it was too long. You must always be ready to do battle with Zarkon." She said and pointed at us. "Look at you! Only Shiro is in uniform. At least (y/n) has her bayard and she is not even piloting a lion. Keith, Pidge, Hunk where are your bayards? And where is Lance?"

I didn't notice it before but Lance wasn't here. It was quite relaxing but then he walked into the room. He wore a robe thing and some blue lion slippers. His skin looked so flawless, and he looked like he woke up on the right side. He also had a cop with something in.

He yawns and looks at us. "Good morning, everybody. What's going on? Why didn't you tell me (y/n) had a tank-top on?" He asked and I looked at him confused. "What I have not a--" I looked down and noticed me just in my blue jeans and a white tank-top. "Never mind," I said and looked down with red cheeks.

"Coran and I have been up for hours getting the Castle back in order. We had to run a test on the alarms, and we decided to test you as well. Guess which one failed." Allura told us and I directly pointed at Lance.

"Hey." Hunk yawns. "You got to sleep for 10,00 years, man. Monday night, I was on earth. Now, I've flown through space, fought some evil alien named Zarkon, eaten goo in some weird castle. That's a lot to process in, uh... I don't know. What day is today?"

"It's the third-day quintant of the Spicolian movement. Hump day!" Coran said happily.  Hunk looked even more tired. "It's a lot to process." He then said.

"You know, he got a point," I said and gave Hunk a sad smile. I looked back at Allura. I knew she would not really understand.

"You must understand the stakes of our mission. Over the last 10,000 years, the castle picked up distress beacons from the following locations." She started. "So, we have to assume that Zarkon has conquered almost the entire known universe. Earth is here. An attack on your planet is inevitable."

"Oh, no" Hunk said.

"Exactly."She said and looked at us. Our mission is to free all those planets. Coran and I are getting the castle ready to leave Arus. During that time, you have to learn to form Voltron so we can begin fighting Zarkon. (y/n) you will have to learn how to use the controls, you will do that under this time."