3.1- a new start

I stood in the lion room waiting for Keith to come back. He has been out in his lion trying to search after Shiro for hours now and I became worried.

Keith was close to Shiro and not having Shiro here tore him apart and I knew that. When he wasn't out searching he was close to me. Closer than usual, now when everyone knew about him and me he was always in the same room and even held my hand most of the time.

Even when I was going to the bathroom he said that he doesn't want me to close the door between the rooms just so he could know that I was there.

I looked down on my hands as I felt the air pushing my shorter hair away. Allura decided that my hair was too long now so she cut it before and I didn't mind it at all I needed a new look.

I looked up meeting the red lion as it landed in front of me. I smiled a little as I meet a disappointed Keith.

"Did you find him?" I asked walking up to him.

He took off his helmet and shook his head. He pulled me into a hug and started play with my hair. "It's shorter"

I nodded a little holding him close. "Yeah, Allura cut it."

He sighed. "It suits you well"

I held him closer to me and rested my head on his chest. "We'll find him, Keith, I promise you".

We broke the hug and walked into the launch room to the others. Both of us sat down on the couch close to each other.

"They haven't figured it out their flatbread situation, but what they do with those centipedes is just out of this world." Hunk said talking about the mission.

I looked sadly at him. "Aw, that sounds so good! I'm sad that I missed it," I said and imagined the food.

"And they're totally ready to join the fight against the galra," Lance then looked at me. "I can take you there anytime you like on a da- I mean friend date."

"That sounds great"

"We brought back a few of their leaders to join the coalition," Hunk added.

Allura looked happily at them. "That's splendid. Excellent work!"

"You know, I gotta say that I was surprised to find out that the emo guy got himself a girlfriend and pretty one too but this is what's it's all about freeing the people, loving the ladies, then bombing down the road again looking for adventure, Voltron-style," Lance said.

hunk looked more worried now. "Which brings up a little issue. They all want top see Voltron, only we don't have Voltron anymore"

I felt Keith tense up and I knew he would answer to this.

"We don't have Shiro anymore, either," He looked down and crossed his arms. "Everyone seems to have forgotten that,"

We all looked down and searched for Keith's hand. His hand took mine and hugged it close.

"It may be difficult for us all to accept, but it is time to think about finding a new pilot for the black lion" All of us looked up at Allura as the words came out of her mouth.

"A new paladin?" I asked. I looked at Keith who now stood up.

"No! I'm gonna find him." He said. He still held my hand. "Shiro is the one person who never gave up on me. I won't give up on him." Then he dropped my hand and walked out of the room.

Everyone looked at me asking what to do, but I only shook my head. "He needs some time alone now,"

I didn't know what to do, these last days have been a mess. I hated seeing him like this but still, I knew he needed some time alone even if I didn't know that.