3.2- new paladin?

It's been a day or a few. I don't really know anymore, time is so hard to know when everything you see is stars and you don't know if it is day or night. I sat in the couch room trying to have my eyes opened.

I felt someone sit beside me and I knew that smell. I looked up at Keith smiling a little wishing he would hold me close and let me sleep. But as the boring/shy person he is, he didn't do it.

He looked down on me. "Are you okay"

I shook my head. "No, I feel sick,"

After some minutes everyone else sat in the room with us and Keith moved away from me standing against the wall listening. We all were trying to figure out what was going to happen now and what we were supposed to do.

"I wish Shiro were here to tell us how to go on without him," Lance said and looked down on his shoes.

I looked at Pidge who started speaking. "Allura when we came here, you told me I would fly the Green Lion, and I thought there was no way. But then, I found it and I flew it." She took a pause. "And then Hunk flew the Yellow Lion and he's not even a pilot. In fact, you told everyone who would pilot which lion beside from (Y/N)."

Hunk looked up and looked at Allura. "Yeah, how did you do that? Did we ever find out how you did that?"

I looked at Allura and asked. "Can you do that now?"

Allura shook her head at me. "Sadly, no. When you arrived at the castle, I immediately recognized the special qualities in each of you. but I don't know how to search the entire universe for a new paladin."

I nodded.

"Keith, you piloted the Black Lion when you had to save Shiro. Perhaps you're the one," Coran said.

I looked up at Keith giving him a small smile but he just looked away.

"Keith would be the worst leader of Voltron," Lance pointed out making me slightly irritated.

"Yeah, we all have our thing. Keith's the loner. (Y/N)'s the loving one. I'm the brain. Hunk's the nice one. Allura's decision-maker. Coran's the wise old guy. And Lance is the goofball." Pidge agreed. I looked at her.

"Mm-hmm. Yeah, exactly." Lance agreed. "Totally right- Wait a minute. I'm not a goofball. I'm like the cool ninja sharpshooter."

I looked at Lance. "No one calls you that Lance," I said.

Keith scoffs from behind me. "Are you joking?"

"I'm being completely serious when I say, I do not want you to lead me anywhere," Lance said.

I sighed and stood up. "Lance, that-"

"I don't want to be the leader! That's what Shiro wanted!" Keith yelled soonly realised what he said and he looked down.

I looked at him in shock. This has been why he has been so stressed recently, he knew he was Shiro's choice of being the new leader. I was about to say something when Hunk asked.

"What are you talking about?"

Keith simply answered with a "Nothing."

I looked at Keith with bleeding eye know he wouldn't want us to know this.

"Shiro wanted you to be his successor, didn't he?" Pidge asked.

Lance broke in. "Well, I never heard Shiro say that, and how convenient that you're bringing it up now when Shiro is gone."

I looked between the two boys and knew this would be one of their new fights.

Keith took a step forward. "You want the job so badly, you can have it,"