You confess your feelings

You've known Lucy since you were a teenager. You've grown up together and have only grown closer and closer the older you've gotten. She's always been so kind to you, always going out of her way to help you and make you happy. You both had kept a tight knit group of friends and anytime you were around when Lucy wasn't, all they could talk about was how big of a crush she had on you. You wanted to believe it but it was hard to believe. They know how much you like her so you figured they were just pulling on your leg.

But the older you got the more intense your feelings towards her became. You were pretty in love with her but you felt terrified of telling her because you didn't want to ruin your friendship with her. She was your secret keeper and your best friend, you didn't want to lose her. You thought you could keep it to yourself and eventually you'd meet someone and they'd take your mind off of it, but you didn't wanna be with anyone else but her. Every relationship you've been in has only burned out because you didn't feel much of anything towards the person you were with, your heart really only belonged to one person.

You and Lucy had a tradition that every day at least one day a week and tonight was her night to choose the movie. She sat next to you on your couch with a bowl of popcorn in between the two of you. She decided on a comedy film, one that you've never seen before. Normally you'd be captivated by the film considering you haven't seen it before and you enjoy watching new movies, but tonight all you could think about was the woman who was sitting only a few feet away from you. You were lost in your thoughts, reaching into the bowl of popcorn to get a few pieces when a hand landed on top of yours. Your heart raced and pounded against your rib cage.

You looked at Lucy who was staring at you. You kept eye contact with her before looking back down at her hand that was still resting on yours. Lucy looked down at them too before she slowly pulled it back, your heart sinking in your chest. You cleared your throat and tried to pretend to watch the movie but you couldn't stop thinking back to what happened. You reached for the remote and paused the movie. Lucy turned to look at you to find you with your hands in your lap, your breathing uneven and your hands shaky. "Y/n? Are you okay?" You looked at her and sat in silence for a few minutes before you decided to take a leap of faith. You moved the bowl of popcorn onto the coffee table before moving over a bit more, sitting on the couch facing her with your legs folded. "Lucy, can I talk to you about something?" She nodded and chuckled nervously, placing a hand on your knee to comfort you. "Of course y/n. You can talk to me about anything. You know that." You nodded and took a deep breath, looking at her hand that was still on your knee. You felt like you might throw up from how nervous you were. "I-I really like you, Lucy. Not in a friendly way but as more than a friend. I've had a huge crush on you since we first met. I know you don't feel the same but it's been eating me alive keeping it inside all these years. I'm sorry if I ruined things by telling you this."

She stayed quiet and it made you feel even more nervous. You felt her move her hand and you lowered your head thinking you fucked things up between you. Except, you felt two fingers lift your chin up. "Why didn't you tell me sooner?" Your heart began to race again. "Shit y/n, I like you too. I've liked you for a really really long time." You closed your eyes and breathed a sigh of relief. "You're beautiful, you know that?" She felt like she had to tell you. She's wanted to tell you that for so long and she finally could. You put your legs on the floor before moving closer to her, Lucy's arm wrapping around your waist. There really wasn't any question of what you two were now, both of you finally understanding how the other felt. This was only the beginning.