Prologue

This is an Original Fanfiction

I do not own the rights to Jurassic World 1, 2, or 3. The characters are all owned by Universal Studios and the pictures/art displayed belong solely to their creator. All other additives, such as alternative characters, settings, and images are reserved to me. 

Please do not attempt to steal or redesign this story in your own matter without my consent. Any fanfics or fan art versions of this story you wish to make are allowed, as proclaimed by me. If you wish please inscribe the source (this story) to prevent plagiarism.

I look forward to reading your comments in due time. Thank you once again for reading Ripper: An Indoraptor Story!

I hope you enjoy.

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

I knew I was cursed the second I was born.

Have you ever had that thought? I doubt it, you're humans. Sure, you've all made mistakes in your life, but you're forgiven for it. You enter this world with knowledge and purpose, not punished because of it. You're not a turned science experiment, nor set up as product placement. And at least you don't know when you're destined to die.

I did.

I wanted it to come peacefully. Parts of me longed to live a calm and collective life, then give in from old age. Others dreamt of a day when I'd die with honor and bravery against the demons and monsters that have corrupted this hostile world. And there was some who begged your kind to pierce my hide by the blade of a bullet. 

Alas, that seemed out of question at the moment. Some projectiles would dig deep into my flesh and bury itself among the many that have tried, but none would ever slip through the cracks. I couldn't blame bullets for failing their initial purpose, it was fate that held them back from their true potential.

Still, the world had other plans for my mishaps. They prepared me for something bigger, something much more 'honorable' than a simple copper stone in my brain or a fight.

But is impalement worth honoring?

Before he took me, the last I remember was standing firm upon a glass rooftop, the sky ablaze with a crackling fire and the ground thrumming from the pitter-patter of rain. The cold wind stroked my wrinkled scales, the air, too, filled with a canvas of blackness and dismay. I was in the midst of a revenge plot, as you would call it, my hunger divined and eyes dilating as I sought human flesh. In truth I believed that I was winning this war. I escaped confinement, swallowed a few maggots seeking wealth over my hide, and had finally trapped the monsters upon the edge of a rooftop. The bleak looks on their faces and the scent of fear had said enough to me, churning my heart with glee. Deep down they were begging for mercy, knowing that their doom was just a lunge away.

But above all the chaos and madness of this particular night, it was that of a young malicious raptor -- named for the improper stripe on her flanks -- that forever branded a scar in my brain. I remember every detail of her black and blue flesh rippling in mid-flight. Her tar-scented claws would lash outward from their hidden depths, beneath the shadows of her body that is, and her huge grey eyes filled of fire, brighter than all the dimming stars above. There was no remorse left in her eyes, no fear either. She was fueled only by the lust to kill.

To kill me...

But for what reason?

Allow me to state one thing: I never did anything wrong. Sure my actions may seem ruthless to you, but in the end, they all deserved it. If I were wrong I would've blamed myself. Halted, as all creatures have when fear and rage invades their path of righteousness. Still, I stand firm with my choices. To them I was born a monster, a soulless beast who lurked in the shadows and cowered in the light. However you 'humans' seemed to describe it, which, in truth, may never define me.

How might you feel caged up and humiliated around creatures that mocked your cries of pain? Those who marveled and worshipped you -- not because you were different but because you were dangerous? 

Those who wished to turn you into something you knew you weren't.

I could never understand that. Could you?

For years upon years they hurt me, tortured me, broke me down until my core had been drugged with hatred and grief. They'd poke and prod at my wounded skin until my bulging veins drowned in its poison, and reeked of pure death. I deserved the same right to cause any harm to their species, as they had done to me. Besides, I was the only one of my kind, and I had the right to grow my own legacy.

But, being the only one, maybe I did deserve to be punished against the monster I once believed was my ally. The one twisted soul that had brought me to life.

And ended it altogether.

It's hard not to return back to that night, the moment when I roared into the broken black skies shedding tears above me. That was very vivid, screaming in the rain as it clashed and slammed from the thunderous howls of the wind and clouds. I remember feeling Blue's claws graze my hip and spine when we collided, and hearing the weight of our bodies crack the fragile glass beneath us.

And we were free-falling.

Twisting in the air like slithering snakes upon a wire as her claws continued to strike me.

Then, I felt something sharp. The feeling was strange at first, and it shocked me from the cold touch. It wasn't long before these two pointed horns began digging past my ridges and organs, sliding straight through the bones of my shoulder blades and out the other end. I failed to feel the pain until my body jerked at the edges of the horns. The second it struck I shrieked for mercy.

But by then it was already too late.

I never had the time to cry. Not even the time to roar, or the time to whimper, let alone to say I was sorry. Sure, I was sorry, but what do I apologize for? And to whom? The only friend I've ever had was Death himself, and he betrayed me. Rather than work beside me, He shocked me with his cold, bony touch. And, within mere seconds, my eyes went dull and my whole body went limp.

And that was it.

That's how my story ends.

There was no happily-ever-after for the misunderstood beings of the world. We were destined for a death sentence we could never escape. It was planned from the start. And it was foolish of me to not see that.

I laid just like that; silent, hearing the victorious roar of my enemy below me as she raced away to the outside world. Tasting the relieved exhales of the humans above. Feeling the mansion tremble as the real dinosaurs broke free from their own cages to the human world.

And then there was more silence.

Endless silence. Because I was no more.

My life was said to end here, impaled on the horns of a skeleton. But I wondered... just to myself in those dying moments...what would happen if my life didn't end? What if I had a second chance to live the life I've always wanted to have?

This cannot be the beginning of my end, but rather the end of my beginning.

And suddenly, my eyes opened.