The Fallen

I never thought a hideous face could dare reveal itself in public, and before my own eyes. 

Of course, now I've been mistaken.

Dr. Henry Wu appeared in a way imperfect to his co-workers. Even a careful observer couldn't quite critique his physique; he was far too clean by the way he dressed, too calm by the subtle way he crouched beside me, and even his own flushed face seemed untouched by Nature. Despite all this his eyes did churn of something bloodthirsty -- a primal stare if you will, one that no man, or woman, could quite understand. 

But I could. 

Behind this 'magnificence' his flesh was somewhat wrinkled inward whenever he squinted, and a glimmer of thin greys pricked upward upon his noggin -- but no matter, his smooth skin was a sight to behold, glowing like a star, and it was this bland inhospitable structure that made him appear younger, dorsal, and far scarier than ever before.

However, I didn't really care what kind of poisonous lotion Wu spread upon his skin to look like himself, I saw him no differently than the man I had met the day I hatched. Each and every feature hidden within this fragile little body of his was simply an act of greed. His fingers were cold, lifeless even, and his smile wasn't that of a proud father but that of emptiness, like staring at a blank wall whose other side will forever remain a mystery.

As I quietly visualized the many ways I could somehow separate his head from his body, my brain went insane, not just by his appearance, but when that cold hand of his touched the raised pricks of flesh quivering against my neck.

You...you little... my mind snarled, straining to break free just to tear a hole in his perfect suit and split him open wide, We'll end you! We'll rip your ugly face into ribbons and split your skull wide open to taste your blood! Destroy him, Ripper! I want to watch him choke on his blood, writhe like a dying worm boiling against the rotten pavement, and plead for his underserving mercy until his guts spill out!

And so he went on, desperately wanting these fantasies for what may seem like ages. Now he seemed right in his claims, and as much as he wanted to slay this monster, so did I.

But I remained silent. Rather than overreact and attack my maker as my brain savagely ordered, I stared at him with a pale expression, growling only to show that I was still alive, and not because I was angry.

I was terrified.

Wu continued to smirk, closing his finger on a thin thread of one of my trembling bristles and squeezed, freezing the first of the warning tremors. Somehow it froze the remainder of the protruding thorns, relinquishing my act of danger as if nothing was afoot. With this sense out of the way, Wu looked me dead in the eyes, low and close to my snout and exhaled.

"I never thought I'd see you again," Said the doctor, "I've longed for this moment, to see you once more, to look into your eyes and understand what a wonder you've been to me." 

He spoke pleasantly and raised his hand, tapping a single finger upon my snout. Squirming once more, I tried to snap my jaw and tear his hand off from the rest of his arm, but his reflexes were too quick, and just as soon as he made contact with my puffing snout, he pulled back. He retreated a bit further, lifted up on one knee with the sun blaring behind him and tilted his head.

"Still  angry huh?"

Why shouldn't I be, I hissed back in my mind, understanding every word he said. Of course that couldn't be the same for the humans.

"I never talked to a dinosaur before," He muttered on, "It's odd, really, to speak to your own creation. To once again marvel at his beauty, no matter what crimes he's committed." He leaned in close, his breath simply a breeze nearby my cheekbone, and my eyes widened upon closer inspection of his face as he continued, "As smart as you are indoraptor you...have to understand that you can't rid of the bearer of life. Like a God to Adam and Eve. A Mother Bird to her hatchlings. A father...to his son. That isn't your purpose...never was. And surely you don't mean to kill me...of course I've given you everything-"