The Monster

Blue was down.

I couldn't quite see her around the bend of damaged cars to my right and left, though my nostrils informed me of her condition in quite a descriptive way. The velociraptor was viciously wounded from the short fight; her scaly hide had been slashed open by the apparent swords of the beast, oozing with thick crimson essence, and her poor spine was pricked with the thorns of broken glass, asphalt crumbs, and shattered metal. I couldn't tell if she was dying -- of course that was much of an understatement -- but the bloody stench itself triggered a forgotten predatory longing that I couldn't seem to hide. Enough so that my tongue began to drool from this odor, and only when I noticed it did I shake my head out of the feeling and focus on the problem at hand.

I have to keep fighting, or we'll never escape.

A random gunshot followed as I instinctively crouched in the shadows, anxiously watching metal and glass fumble into the skies above, forcing me to growl as I was rained upon by it's weakened flesh. Surely these bastards were fools to believe that killing me was this simple, let alone think that ending my life would change anything. They were blinded like all prey were, especially serving under a futile man only guided by his self-interest. If only they saw what Blue saw in me, maybe they'd reconsider Wu's proposal to end me. 

But it was far too late for that I'm afraid.

I knew I couldn't speak human, nor could they understand me in time before putting a bullet in my skull. I had to stop them in a way that would only benefit my internal desires, no matter the consequences.

If their Death had to be one of these considerations, so be it.

Another unlucky shot whizzed by my cheekbone, leaving a thin trail of residue to follow in its wake. In mere moments I had already located the scent and its origin, noticing that the copper scent now infused alongside the human's awful stench. I found myself following that fowl smoky musk to his area, and it didn't take long to notice that the human was indeed trembling as he held the gun to his eyes, walking perpendicular to me. The man was clearly oblivious to danger, as all men typically were, and with one threatening snarl from my jaws, I lunged, tearing him down and hearing his screams rupture the air. My jaws met his underbelly, and after managing to catch a grip on his skin, I pulled away to be met with my hidden treasure.

Blood soon painted the asphalt red and splattered my snout as I rumbled with glee, feeling the puddles of the liquid soak my claws as if I was blessed by their insides. 

I couldn't quite enjoy myself for long though. When the noise of screeching INGEN cars suddenly arrived in my ears my mind urged for me to scatter, knowing that they'd start firing soon if I didn't hurry. I took another glance around the edge where Blue had fallen, and with a quiet inhale I broke free from my hiding and hobbled over to the raptor, eyes now wider upon seeing her injuries through sight.

"Blue?" 

I struggled to click with hope, nudging her soft underbelly a few times and moved my snout toward her neck. The velociraptor was still alive thankfully, despite the bloody wound on her flank that oozed down her flesh. She inhaled quietly and opened her eyes, staring at me as the sun's basking heat flared behind me and smirked.

"Looks like there was a monster," She chuckled before letting out a long groan of anguish.

"You okay?"

"I'll live," She winced, signaling her survival with a swish of her tail in the wind, "But I don't know how I can help now. I could bleed out if I'm not careful. If I had a hide like yours perhaps I'd be okay."

"Surely you would be," I nuzzled her, exhaling sharply, "But I need to get you somewhere safe. There's still more of them, and I have to finish this-"