The Nightmare

"Ladies and Gentlemen," An odd but rather memorable voice roared into the strange and utter silence as if speaking upon a stage, "Please be warned.....This is the perfect blend of the two most dangerous creatures....that have ever walked the earth. We call it... the indoraptor..."

You should've died that night... the voice of my mind in the darkness called out. Thereafter the voice perished arrived my own, an angered and truthful sound that reverberated against the void's eternal darkness.

You want me to step into the human world? They'll hate what I am. They'll see me as a monster.

You are one, my mind growled back, as I could almost imagine it grinning proudly, You're an indoraptor.

But I'm not a monster, Another version of my voice whimpered, I've told you this-

Then what are you?

"I...I don't know what I am..."

"You're not scary," Belle's echo whispered into the blackness, "You're okay. You're not a meanie like the others."

I'm broken and scattered! I cannot walk o-or run or fight on my own! And I'll die if I do such a thing!

"What's wrong you with?!" Blue's growl came next, "All you want is to kill someone!"

You're a monster, Ripper. And you'll always be a monster, no matter what. Accept it.

"I could've let you bleed out in this forest for my own enjoyment," The velociraptor's voice returned, "Any human would've done the same, and any other dinosaur would be no different."

"Then why didn't you?"

"Because I saw you fall in love."

Is it true? Another version of myself croaked, Does the world really despise of me?

"Where's the indoraptor?" Boomed an InGen soldier in the distance, the one who I'd soon recall had held Emma hostage minutes before her demise, "Tell me!"

Why else would they try to kill you? Clicked my mind, followed by the sound of a gunshot and a blood-curdling scream that almost made me writhe inside myself.

I...I just thought...

You thought...what?

I thought I have a purpose...A reason to live...

"It's beautiful," a girl proclaimed, another dying shadow of my horrible past, "Isn't it? Oh, how I've longed to go up there one day."

"Emma?" my lungs screamed out into the nothingness, an echo against her own and a broken reminder of her fate now tearing into my soul, "Emma! Please don't go..."

"My grandfather told me that if you close your eyes and listen," Her voice began to fade into nothingness, "You could hear the world up there. You could hear the voices of the stars speaking to you, and all the heavens in the sky..."

Everything filled with life has a purpose, right?

Yes.

Then what's my purpose?

"We belong to the humans Ripper," The ceratopsian hybrid thundered, "and it's our purpose to serve them. Then we can be free."

You must learn that hope is a false illumination of mankind's beliefs. Hope won't solve a damn thing. You and I, we know what's best for our sake. We weren't made to follow, we were made to command, to take, and to slaughter the humans.