Blue

"Now Ladies and Gentlemen," A distorted voice boomed in the walls above me and my cage, rattling the earth with a quiet tremor, "that we are halfway through the evening, I'd like to offer a special treat to our...discriminated buyers."

There was a slight pause and a murmur of quiet voices before the man continued.

"This evening we will preview a new asset that we have been developing. A creature of the future...made from creatures of the past."

As soon as his sentence finished the elevator jolted beneath me and began to rise. Lights around my body flashed and glowed, triggering a slight stab pain in my optics and a rumbling rage in my throat. Being caged in this emptiness, I growled and snarled furiously, wandering around the small metallic area without any realization of where I was going, or what was happening. The endless darkness had surrounded me, internally and externally, and being so deep in my primitive state I thrashed and snagged my jaws around the cage walls, tugging as if it too were fresh meat.

"Ladies and Gentlemen," The voice returned as the elevator reached it's top, rattling the ground as I dug into it, "Please be warned. This is the perfect blend of the two most dangerous creatures that have ever walked the earth. We call it, the indoraptor."

Before my very eyes, mist and dry cold fog began surrounding the cage floors beneath me, clogging sight from my forepaws before the concrete wall ever did open. It expanded open, widening rather slowly as my cage was thrusted through. I hissed, slightly still confused about where I was going, but curious at the same time. I tilted my head left and right, gasping and growling as my cage opened up to hundreds and hundreds of tasty suited morsels watching me in silent awe.

All of them appeared to be victims to my appearance, for the moment my body revealed itself each one of them, male or female, cowered in fright, trembled in terror, and froze in fear.

Suddenly, I sensed something approaching my left flank, and before I could protest or even snatch the object a horrible shockwave of pain erupted on my side, forcing a roar from my jaws. Everyone in the audience jolted and flinched as I was electrocuted, crying out to the heavens. More rage had suddenly bloomed inside me, causing me to snap at the stabbers. But to no extent did it do any good, the agonizing pain kept coming, and without much to do, I had to roar to please the crowd. But one word kept echoing in my mind, despite how advanced I had truly become only that word ever did speak to me.

Kill.

Kill.

KILL.

"The perfect weapon for the modern age," The small man in the distance called out with a devilish smile as he watched me get shocked, "built for combat, with tactical responses more acute than any human soldier."

Another stab made me screech, and I swung my black scaled head toward the human, slamming my head against the cage to scare him, but also in defeat for being restrained to kill. Two more shocks made my tail thrash against the rear metal door behind me, and it too quaked from the strength of my pain and rage.

"Designed by Mr. Henry Wu," The man muttered, nodding his head to an invisible shadow to his right that had turned in his chair, "An intelligence quotient comparable to the velociraptor."

I turned my head to the shadow only for a brief moment, but it was only his shadow that made me realize what he truly was. His face was unmistakably recognizable, and his scent was so putrid in my nostrils that it made me gag and snarl toward him. Everything about him was familiar, every limb that had dissected me, every blink as he watched me murder innocent prey, every breath he dared take in front of me without fear. His eyes would sometimes gleam black like death itself, and sometimes it would flash spurts of pure yellow.