Hopelessness

Ripper? Are you still with me old friend?

    ...

    Ripper?

...

Please talk to me, friend. I know you're still alive in there...

You were right about me.

    I beg your pardon?

    You were right...about everything. About the humans...about my morals...about Belle and Blue. How foolish was I to dream an impractical dream? To think that I stood a chance...when all I am is nothing...

    You do stand a chance, my agitated mind growled back, Through thick and thin you've fought nobly for a life you ultimately deserve, and right now you are so close to getting it! You just need to fight a little longer... And surely the world-

    The world I knew was a LIE! I snapped back, Don't you get it?! I have no place in this world, I have no purpose! I'm not a person, I-I'm not a dinosaur, I'm not even a real thing! There's nothing you can think of that's out there for me! Nothing but death...and chaos.

That's not true...and you know it.

And why is that? Huh?! I snarled back violently, Why do you deny this s-simple claim -- you, out of all others, should have NO say in this! You are just the worthless rotten parasite I'm forced to drag everywhere I go, a little Wu manifestation that I'm helpless to shut up, and I'm the broken corpse molded by a rotten failure, too busy listening to your bloody pretensions!

Ripper-

And you speak like the truth is your widow, when all you've done is nothing but watch, and complain, and rage over MY choices!

My actions have done you good, and nothing more! If anything you should be thankful!

Thankful for all the pain you've brought me? You killed ALL OF THEM!

Did I?

You took over my mind, you wanted me to let GO! You let me... I paused, squeezing my eyes shut as a tear fumbled down my face, You had a choice and you let her just...drop. Both of them. And now every time I see these claws all I could see is... red... And its cold and...

I trailed off, clamping my maw tightly and sniveled hard, shaking my head as if trying to deny it. But I could see the vision clearer than day, and I could feel it even in my subconsciousness. I remember the warmth of the flesh. The oozing red had seeped over my claws like a blanket, sending ripples of pleasure and humbleness into my soul. And at the same time, horror had consumed me entirely. I let out another soft whimper and trembled hard.

I'm a murderer...

My mind hadn't spoken for a bit as this revelation exceeded his control, that promised voice running cold and shallow like the earth below, and when he spoke next it was quieter, more humbler, more...apologetic.

We've both walked into the dark I'm afraid. Aye, I blame myself too, for many things in truth, Ripper. I hate to...accept it, let alone...oblige to an apology. And yes, these mistakes costed you and I, but...not all were ever of my calling. You are the one who controls the body, said my mind, and I am the bearer of these actions, despite being a mere passenger of this vision you praise. These mistakes you bend to my sake aren't my own, they are yours too. I guess we are... monsters, together.

Maybe that's the one thing we can agree on. We...are both to blame for these faults...as you've said. Perhaps we deserve this anguish for the death we've caused. Perhaps I do most of all. I did this to us. No wonder we lay dying in our maker's grasp. No wonder we've failed.