[02] CLEAR AS DAY

HERE'S WHERE THE STORY REALLY BEGINS, with three boys and a girl placing their bikes into the bike rack in front of the school. The group was incomplete. Missing the Party deemed Cleric of the group.

"That's weird. I don't see him," Mike starts while adjusting his backpack.

"He's probably just studying or something," Mariella says while walking over to beside Mike.

"I'm telling you, his mom's right. He probably just went to class early again," Lucas adds, following close behind.

"Yeah, he's always paranoid Gurksy's gonna give him another pop quiz," Dustin reassures them.

Just then, they're stopped by the sound of Troy Harrington's voice.

"Step right up, ladies and gentlemen!" He shouts out throwing his hands up.

"Step right up and get your tickets for the freak show," He chuckles with a smirk.

"Who do you think would make more money in a freak show? Midnight, Frogface, or Toothless? Oh! And can't forget, Disappointment Degray and or, Mute!" He laughs while shoving at the boys. Mariella standing behind Dustin, rolling her eyes. Her patience running thin already, weighing the pros and cons of just telling her father of the torment and putting an end to it. After all, no one ever wants to get on the bad side of Charlie DeGray.

"I'd go with Toothless!" James laughs, mimicking Dustin's lisp.

"I told you a million times, my teeth are coming in! It's called cleidocranial dysplasia," Dustin explains his disability his which causes his teeth to come is slower.

"I told you a million times!" James mimics again while moving his hands erratically.

"Do the arm thing!" Troy demands, point his finger up.

"Do it, freak!" James agrees while staring down at them menacingly.

Dustin reluctantly takes off his jacket and drops his things, cracking his shoulder as they begin to groan in disgust while Lucas, Mike, and Mariella watch their tormentors annoyance. It was the same routine every single day.

"God, it gets me every time!" Troy shakes his head while shoving past Mike and Lucas.

"Then why'd you ask for him to do it?" Mariella mumbles under breath and shakes her head while grabbing Dustin's bag and passing it to him.

"Assholes," Lucas says once they leave.

"Tell me about it. Should I tell my dad? I'll start havoc if I have to," Mariella asks, narrowing her eyes while shaking her head.

"Don't do that, Mars. It'll just make us seem like crybabies!" Dustin groans.

"I think it's kinda cool. It's like you have superpowers or something. Like... Mr. Fantasic!" Mike smiles, in an attempt to lighten the mood.

"Yeah, except I can't fight evil with it," Dustin replies, disgruntled.

"But you tolerate evil so that's a power in itself, Dustin," Mariella laughs while throwing her arms around Lucas and Mike as they begin walking into the school, their laughs waving through the air.

The day passed and the Party stared at each other in classes with curiosity. Wondering where Will could be, after all, Will wasn't the type to skip school. It was out of character, he'd never do it.