[35] LOVER-BOY

MARIELLA RAN DOWN THE HALL, eyes darting from every direction as she mumbles to herself. She searched the corners of the hall before she quickly turns into a class room. Room 17.

She rushes around, checking under the desks and in the closet with trembling hands. "Where are you?" She whispers as she turns out of the class and raises the walkie to her mouth. "Room 17's clear. Heading to main entrance," She says.

Fast walking through the halls she makes sure to stop at the random shelves and tables which were in the halls, dropping down to the floor and looking under them. Sighing in defeat, she raises the walkie to her mouth again. "Check under the shelves and desks in the halls for the ugly little thing,".

"He's not ugly!" Dustin shouts through the walkie.

"Yes he is!" Mike responds.

Hurriedly rushing to the main entrance, she ignores her friends as she hears the main door slam shut. Someone had just entered the school. Furrowing her eyebrows as she looks around for the person and spots no one, she continues her search. Nothing.

"East is clear. No sign of Dart," Mike yells them.

"Main entrance is clear too. Checking the front just in case the bugger snuck out somehow," Mariella lifts the walkie to her mouth as she walks to the door and pushes it open.

Eyes looking at the bike rack and to the grass and outskirts of the school as she stood underneath the overhang of the school in defeat. She had some weird feeling of someone watching her, unaware of Eleven's preening eyes from inside the school watching as she turns her head from side to side in search of the creature.

Eleven smiles, seeing the girl who had made her feel as if she was truly pretty for the first time. She notices her long hair now shorter and the way she had grown before shaking her head and walking off to see if she could see anyone else.

"West is clear too, Will?" Dustin says, audio crackly on the walkie.

"South is clear. Lucas? Anything?" Will responds.

"Nothing here, man. Mars? Anything outside?" Lucas asks her.

"Nope. Got nothing so far, I'm gonna head round' back," She sighs before beginning to walk to the back of the school slowly.

Mike walked into the gym, taking a look around before he hears the boys locker room door swing open and shut. He stares at it, eyes narrowing as he cautiously walks towards it. Nervously, pushing the door open and entering the dark room, walkie held tightly in his hand.

He sees a mop slouched in the corner of the entrance and quickly grabs it, extending it out as a weapon in case Dart was really in the room and chose to attack. Walking towards the main changing area slowly, he feels his heart rate increase and can't help but think of the way Mariella would always panic when she thought that his pulse was going too slow or too fast.

As he enters the blue toned changing area, his stomach drops at the sound of objects clattering around and he shakes, backing into a cubby quietly and holding the mop closely to him. Before he turns into the area and extends it once again, grunting out loudly. 

"What the hell are you doing?" Max exclaims, turning towards him in shock as she stares at him.

Mike stops, lifting the mop up and looking to her. "What are you doing?" He asks angrily. "Why are you in here?"