[44] BOB NEWBY, SUPERHERO

SHE RUNS OUT THE ROOM and sees Mike against the wall, the two guards staring at Bob attempts to calm him down. "No! We have to stop them!" Mike yells, pushing away from Bob frantically as Mariella runs towards them.

It goes quiet for a moment, almost as if they were anticipating it to happen. The alarm begins to blare. A flashing yellow light emanating from the ceiling.

"What the hell?" Bob mumbles, looking to Mariella who shook her head, face contorted with defeat.

"We're too late," Mike says to him, grabbing onto his arms in a panic.

"What?" Bob looks back to him worriedly.

"We're too late!" Mike screams, pushing Bob away from him and grabbing Mariella's shaking hand and running back into the room. Joyce rushing towards them.

"What's going on?" She asks.

Mariella's eyes blink rapidly as she begins hit her hand against her leg nervously. "Plan... Plan... We need a plan," She mumbles to herself.

"We're under attack," Mike says to Joyce, Mariella ripping her hand from his and beginning to search through the drawers and cabinets.

Ripping each one open, not bothering to close it, he shaking hands pull each of the contents out, throwing them to the floor. "Map... Map... I need a map," She mumbles, continuing to search.

Mike ignores her, already knowing that she has a plan in her head. He had his own plan, as well. Turning away from Will and picking up a needle and sedative. "We need to make Will sleep," He says, looking to Joyce and Bob frantic.

Mariella continues to rip open the cabinets and drawers while panic sets through Joyce and Bob, shaking their heads and asking Mike what he means.

"He's a spy. If he knows where we are, so does the shadow monster. Mars was right!" He yells, Mariella slamming her hands against the counter in anger.

"Is there no fucking map? We're gonna die because we don't have a plan!" She screams, kicking the cabinet shut before turning to the others and hyperventilating.

"He's lying!" Will screams in response to Mike, looking around and shaking his head.

Mike looks to Mars, a pleading look on his face for her to calm down before he looks back to Will. "He killed those soldiers. He'll kill us, too!" He yells, holding the needle up.

Will sits up, Joyce holding his shake body down while he continues to scream back at Mike. "He's lying! He's lying! He's lying!" He repeats over and over.

Over the noise, they can hear the sound gunshots firing. Mariella's eyes going wide as she looks back to the open door. "Those are gunshots!" Bob panics.

"He's lying! He's lying!" Will continues, Mariella smacking Mike's arm in a panic.

"Do it! Do it!" She tells him, jumping up and down nervously.

Joyce shakes her head at them, looking to Will. "Okay, Will, Will, listen, listen. Do you know who I am?" She asks, taking his arms his her hands.

Will stops thrashing, staring at her blankly. "Do you know who I am?" She asks again.

"You're..." He trails, staring at her with no emotion. "You're... You're Mom," He corrects, shaking his head.

Joyce presses her lips into a line, heart speeding up as realization sets in, looking to Bob. "Hold him down," She tells him, her heart aching.

Bob nodding, grabbing hold of Will and pressing his arms to the bed and keeping a firm hold on him as Joyce turns to Mike. "No! No! Let go! No! No! Let me go! Let go!" Will screeches at him. "No! Let me go!".

Joyce turning back to him with the needle. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry!" She tells him, Will thrashing his legs. Continuing to scream as Joyce pressing the needle into his skin and pressing the sedative in.

His body going limp as the door gets thrown open. Dr. Owens and Hopper staring at them. The sound of growling in the hallway, Hopper staring down it at the wooden door beginning to get broken down. "We gotta go. We gotta go," He whispers turning to the group again and picking Will up before turning out the door.

Mariella and Mike clutch onto each other as they follow after Joyce and Hopper. The hallway filled with screeches and screams from employees, their eyes wide and hands shaking. They watch as someone flies backwards and a creature jumps onto them. They stop, turning the other way and seeing a soldier shooting rapidly.

"Come on!" Joyce yells, ushering them into another room. Dr. Owens shutting the door once everyone is in.

"Oh, my God," Bob says, staring at the multiples monitors which played live feed of what was going on in the hospital. Creatures flooded the place, bodies all over the floors.

They all stare at it, worry filling them ad the lights begin to flicker shakily before everything gets turned off. The monsters going blank. The room going dark.

"Oh, my God," Joyce whimpers.

Mariella continues to grip onto Mike tightly. Her breathing heavy before she turns to Dr. Owens. "We need a map," She says, her eyes dark and hands at her sides.

He nods, bustling around the room before finding one in a drawer. Pulling it out and laying it on the desk. Picking up a red marker and beginning to draw. Mariella hovering over him. "Look, this is us, and this is the nearest exit. But even if we somehow made it there, there's no way out," He circles exits.

"What do you mean?" Hopper asks, coming up beside Mariella.

"The locks are fail secure," Dr. Owen replies.

Joyce shakes her head. "Fail secure?".

"If there's a power outage, the building goes on full lock down," He explains using his hands for emphasis.

"Can it be unlocked remotely?" Bob presses.

Dr. Owens nods. "With a computer, sure, but somebody's gotta reset the breakers,".

"Where are the breakers?" Hopper asks.

Dr. Owens turns back to the map. "The breakers are in the basement, three floors down. Hopper shaking his head, walking towards the door and beginning to turn the knob.

"Hey, where are you going?" Bob looks to him.

"To reset breakers," Hopper responds, turning back towards the door.

"Okay, then what?" Bob goes on, walking after him.

Hopper looks back again. "Then we get the hell out of here,".

"No, then the power comes back on. If you wanna unlock the doors, you have to completely reboot the computer system and the override the security codes with a manual input," Bob explains.

"Fine, how do I do that?" Hopper asks.

Sighing, Mariella places her head on Mike's shoulder. His hand going around his wait instinctively as they watch the scene unfold.

"You can't. Unless you know BASIC," Bob shakes his head.

Hopper rolls his eyes. "I don't know what that means,".

"It's a computer programming language,".

"Alright. Teach it to me," Hopper walks towards him.

Bob scoffs, shaking head head. "Shall I teach you French while I'm at it, Jim?" He asks. "How about a little German?" He adds before looking to Dr. Owens. "How about you, doc? You speak BASIC?" He asks.

Dr. Owens extends his hand before shaking his head. "No," He replies, looking downwards.

Scoffing again, Bob shakes his head. "Okay, I got this. I got this," He nods.

Joyce whimpers. "No, Bob," She whispers, walking towards him and hugging in tightly.

"It's okay," Bob reassures her with a smile. "It's gonna be okay. Remember, Bob Newby, superhero," He tells her. Joyce chuckling lightly.

And though, hoping to believe everything would be okay, Mariella felt a pit in her stomach telling herself that this was all going to go wrong.