[36] THE FIELD

MARIELLA SIGHS, her dirty white shoes crunching against the dead grass as she stares around the side of the school, searching for Dart. Lifting her walkie to her mouth she presses down on the button.

"Sides clear so far. Checking the field. Anyone got anything?" She asks, continuing to walk.

"Nothing here," Lucas responds.

"Zippo," Dustin chimes in after.

"Yeah, Nothing in the gym either. I'm with Max, by the way," Mike adds in.

It stays silent for a moment, Mariella scrunching up her nose at the Mike's comment, it was odd. Didn't he dislike Max? Oh golly, Mike was too much to keep up with! Scanning the large field before lifting the walkie to her mouth again. "Will? Anything?" She asks.

Silence again. "Will?" Mike presses, voice staticky.

It goes on for a moment, static sounding from the large box walkie which she held in her hand. She exhales as she walks around field mindlessly before giving up and walking back into the school.

"Guys... I found him," Will mumbles through the walkie as she throws the doors open and enters.

"Where?" Dustin asks eagerly.

"In the bathroom by Mr. Salerno's," Will answers, voice meek.

"Copy that. On the way," Mike responds.

"Just got inside, be right there," Mariella adds.

"Got it," Lucas goes on.

Urgently, Mariella speed walks through the halls. Pulling her hair tie off her wrist before tying half her hair up, it felt odd, the lack of hair she was used to. She picks up pace, fumbling her walkie in her hands as she walks.

She turns a corner and collided with a body, falling back onto her butt and groaning. She stays like that for a moment, rubbing her back and legs before the person extends their hand to help her up. She looks to the face and sees Lucas.

"Sorry," She sighs as she takes his hand and is pulled up from the ground.

He wore an unimpressed expression before laughing at her disheveled overall dress. "Didn't know being short impaired your vision," He comments before continuing on towards the bathroom.

Rolling her eyes, fixing her clothes before running after him. "Haha, you make me laugh," She responds sarcastically as she pulls up next to him. "Hey, Mike with Max? That's a first," She quickly adds on to her previous comment as she looks to Lucas.

He shrugs, forming his lips into a line. "Yeah. He's been pretty mean to her. I'm surprised he even said her name in the walkie call," Lucas responds as they turn yet another corner.

Their shoes pattering against the white tile as they hurriedly walk towards the boys room at the end of the hall. "Lucas, Mars!" Mike calls to them from behind as him and Max rush after them.

Both of them turn to face the others, looks of surprise of their faces as they see them. "They should be in here," Lucas says, pointing to the door. Mariella nods, tightening the tied up part of her hair.

Mike walks in front of them, brushing Mariella's shoulder with his hand softly while doing so. Max, Lucas, and Mariella standing behind him as he throws it open and gestures for them to follow him in.

Entering the blue-toned bathroom and standing in the entrance for a moment with Max by her side, Mariella bites the inside of her cheek and scrunches up her nose. Noting the odd scent which wafted through. It smelt nothing like the girls room. She turns to Max, nose still scrunched.