[40] PIRATE TREASURE

SOMEHOW, night had fallen and Mike and Mariella hadn't even noticed. They sat in Will's room quietly talking about what was happening, Will telling them about 'him' and the connection he has to the shadow monster. All the while, Joyce tore around the living room and halls taping up the drawings Will made in an order which made a map — she also was calling Hopper continuously, needing to show him Mariella's diagrams.

The three kids had ended up asleep, Will in his bed while Mike and Mariella slept on the floor on the side of the bed, her head on his arm and their limbs scattered all around the floor. Joyce opening the door to check on them and sighing at the sight before she turns to the telephone to call their families, telling them that they had fallen asleep and that it would be fine for them to sleepover for the night.

The next day, Will shot up from bed gasping and covered in sweat. Mike bursting awake and sitting up, not noticing Mariella's head on his chest causing her to hit the ground loudly and wake up as well, groaning.

"What the-" Mariella begins rubbing her head as she sits up.

"Will, what's wrong?" Mike ignores her, looking to Will who continued stared down at them with wide eyes.

He stammers out, shaking his head as sweat began to drip down this forehead. "I saw him," He whispers.

Mariella stands and sits next to him. "Who'd you see, Will?" She asks, voice groggy and eyes drooping as she wraps an arm around his shoulder and rubs his back.

Will stays silent before taking in a shaky breath. "Hopper, he's in trouble," He says as he leans into Mariella's arms and stares at the ground with wide eyes, shaking.

A moment goes by before Mike looks to Mariella with a worried expression before speaking. "Will, we should tell your mom. We need to help him," He gets up, helping Will up from the bed.

He nod, shakily. Mike and Mariella slowly leading him out of his bedroom and into the map covered hallway, following down to the living room. Will breaks away from his friends lead, going to the middle of the living room where his mom sat with the telephone trying to decipher what was on her walls.

"Mom... Mom?" He begins, walking towards her. She ignored him, in a trance and concentrating on figuring out the mystery. "Mom!" He repeats, putting a hand on her shoulder and shaking her softly, her snapping her head towards him in shock and gasping.

"Yeah?" She asks, putting her hand atop of his and staring.

"I saw him," Will responds.

Joyce squints at him, Mariella and Mike standing to the side and watching the scene unfold. "You saw who, baby?" She asks.

"Hopper," Will breathes shakily, staring down at his mom. He pauses, Joyce tilting her head confused. "I think he's in trouble. I think he's going to die," He whispers out, voice dying out at the end.

"What do you mean? Where is he?" Joyce chokes, eyes becoming glassy as she gets up from her sitting position.

"I don't know. Underground, somewhere. I think... I think I can draw it," Will stammers out, standing straight and breathing heavily.

"Okay, okay," Joyce nods, putting a hand on Will's shoulder and leading him towards his bedroom. "Let's go, baby. Let's go draw it," She stutters as Mike and Mariella follow behind nervously.