[04] NOTHING ABOUT THIS IS LOGICAL!

THE VERY NEXT DAY, Mariella enters the class with a sniffly nose and scratchy voice from the cold weather from last nights endeavours. She was bundled up in a grey jumper and a dark brown fleece lined jean jacket.

Walking to her spot beside Dustin and Lucas, she listened to their conversation.

"Yeah, but obviously it was stupid or he'd be here" Lucas says as she walks over and seats herself in herself next to Dustin.

"What happened?" She asks, rubbing her eyes which drooped from her usual lack of sleep.

"Mike's not here and he's never this late. His stupid plan failed," Dustin explains while she organizes her pencil case.

"If his mom found out a girl spent the night-" Dustin starts.

"He's in deep shit right now!" Lucas finishes.

"Maybe he just woke up late?" Mariella suggests while pulling out her binder and setting it on the desk.

"Hey, what if she slept naked?" Dustin asks while hitting both Lucas and Mariella's arms and raising his eyebrows.

"You're ridiculous!" She groans exasperatedly, putting her head on her desk.

"Oh, my God. She didn't." Lucas says, annoyed.

"If Mrs. Wheeler tells my parents..."
Dustin starts while putting his hand to his face.

"We'll all be in deep shit. I don't wanna be grounded again," Mariella finishes while rubbing her eyes again.

"No way, Mike would never rat us out," Lucas reassures the two.

"I'm not sure," Mariella says while combing through her hair with her fingers.

"All that matters is, after school, the freak will be back in the loony bin and we can focus on what really matters, finding Will." Lucas adds using his hands to emphasize.

"Yeah, finding Will." Mariella agrees, nodding her head.

That day, Mike never showed up to
school. The party of three were left wondering what type of trouble Mike had gotten himself into by letting that odd girl stay the night.

"What if he was questioned by the government?" Dustin asks in a panic, eyes wide.

"Pfft! Yeah, right!" Mariella scoffs at the idiocy of his comment.

"It's possible! She's pretty kooky, what if-!" Lucas defends before Mariella cuts them off.

"Think logically, please! I'm suffocating in ignorance!" Mariella would say while putting a hand to her forehead and falling back dramatically.

They stood in front of the Wheeler's residence, walking up to the door and stopping. Dustin and Lucas exchange glances as Mariella inhales.

"What if..." Dustin starts, pulling his hat off of his head and messing up his hair with his hand and putting it back on.

"Shut up," Mariella cuts him off, annoyed with the amounts of 'what if' questions she had been faced with that day.

"Mars, let's think logically," Lucas buds in, putting his hand on her arm.

"Think logically? Nothing about this is logical," Mariella rolls her eyes and lifts her hand, knocking on the door three times.