[22] SENSORY DEPRIVATION TANK

THEY GOT INTO HOPPER'S CAR and sat in silence as he drove them to the Byers house. Pulling to a stop in front of it, the headlights shining in through the windows and front door opening. Joyce, Jonathan, and Nancy flooding out.

"Mike. Oh, my God. Mike!" Nancy says, running towards her brother and hugging him tightly. The party watching in confusion. "I was so worried about you,".

"Yeah, uh... me, too," Mike respond awkwardly as Nancy looks to the others and eyes squint at Eleven.

"Is that my dress?" She asks. Eleven looks to Dustin, who smiles awkwardly and then to Mariella who giggles, nodding.

The entire group sat in the Byers' living room, Mike holding up a piece of looseleaf paper with the 'Flea and the Acrobat' example Mr. Clarke had shown them drawn on it in red marked.

"Okay, so, in this example, we're the acrobat," Mike starts, pointing to the tiny stick figure he drew. "Will and Barbara, and that monster, they're this flea," He says pointing his badly drawn flea. "And this is the Upside Down, where Will is hiding," He adds, pointing to to bottom part of the tightrope. "Mr. Clark said the only way to get there is through a rip of time and space," Mike goes on, placing the paper down.

"A gate," Dustin adds.

"That we tracked to Hawkins Lab," Lucas nods.

"With our compasses because it would mess up the Earths magnetic pull," Mariella finishes.

Nancy, Hopper, Joyce, and Jonathan stare at them in confusion. "Okay, so the gate has a really strong electromagnetic field and that can change the directions of a compass needle," Dustin explains.

"Is this gate underground?" Hopper asks.

"Yes," Eleven responds, nodding.

"Near a large water tank?" He presses.

Eleven nods again, "Yes,".

"H-How do you know all that?" Dustin stutters out.

"You've been there, haven't you?" Mariella asks. "You've seen the gate? While investigating?" She adds.

Hoops just stares at her. She already knew he was saying yes.

"Is there any way that you could... that you could reach Will? That you could talk to him in this —" Joyce starts.

"The Upside Down," Eleven finishes.

"Down. Yeah," Joyce whispers, nodding, her bottom lip quivering.

Eleven nods. "And my friend Barbara? Can you find her, too?" Nancy asks. Eleven nods again.

"How?" Joyce asks, looking to the kids.

"She needs a radio," Mariella answers. "We channeled Will at school. But, it has to have a strong range," She adds.

"We can try," Mike says looking at Mariella nodding.

"Yeah. We can try," Mariella agrees.

They find themselves surrounding Eleven who sat at the dining table, eyes closed and the walkie emanating static. The light begins to flicker above them before Eleven opens her eyes and whispers, "I'm sorry,".