1 - Impression

It's been a great privilege to collaborate with other artists for a stage performance, especially on a show where idols and fans gather to celebrate success for the year that passed

Heading to the location, I pulled off the hoodie of my pullover jacket and fixed my hair which was styled curly as it had been for the past week.

Today is cold, which is usual for autumn, so I've bundled up a long-sleeved shirt underneath my black pullover jacket which will still be underneath a long winter coat once I get off the car.

Our manager had pushed a schedule for me today for a documented practice video for Gayo Daejun. I was told to bring my own guitar to prepare for an acoustic performance. I've always been confident in my guitar skills even if I can't read notes and this will be my first acoustic performance with other artists. The news about the collaboration has already been circulating through the net and our fans are excited in anticipation of our performance.

Even I, myself, am excited.

My manager and I entered the premises and met the staff and PDs who will be helping us today. 10  cm sunbaenims arrived before me and they were quick to greet me and express their excitement. They were the producers of this stage and had arranged the music we'll be learning today. Talk about talent.

A few minutes later, Twice's Jihyo and Blackpink's Rosé arrived. The first thing I noticed is the guitar case Rosé is carrying.

I've seen their group's performances and of course, I've watched them at Weekly Idol and her playing her guitar. I don't know much about her or anyone I'll be working for this stage performance. My knowledge of them is as far as everyone's knowledge is about them, whatever is written about them on the internet. But I've heard she's good with the guitar and I'm always impressed with girls who can play instruments apart from being a good singer, I've always been impressed by well-rounded idols.

And who could've forgotten that voice that had everyone captivated? Her voice is not something you'll hear every day, especially in our line of work. Singing and dancing is common for an idol even if it takes arduous work, commitment, and passion. But to have such a unique vocal color is rare. And to be able to captivate people... It's a feat that not every idol has.

Her voice left an impression on me and, I guess, on a mass of people as well. But it's not something I can just express. I mean, there are many things we are not allowed to do, and even if we are allowed now, I must consider the image it would leave the fans. 

However, another thing I noticed is how different she looks up closely. All idols are pretty, and I've seen her in person but not this close. My eyes may have been used to seeing cute, pretty, and handsome that she never struck me so much so her looks would leave an impression on me... but, seeing her up close with a friendly, shy smile, I can already admit I'm so wrong.

I'm not much after the looks, to be honest. A lot of women in this industry are drop-dead gorgeous but there is only a handful you can say who's the prettiest in person, up close.