6 - Mask

"Do you think he likes you? Like

"Do you think he likes you? Like... as in... he wants to date you?" Lisa asked, clinging on my arm as we walk in the street, finding a good place to have lunch.

I've told her about my dinner with Chanyeol and how I've felt so nervous yet so comfortable at the same time like it's so crazy to have good mixed feelings by just being with him which doesn't make sense at all even up to now.

Three days have passed since then and to be honest, I still think of that time and it had me sleepless at night.

This was the only opportunity that I can to Lisa about him.

However, her question had me thinking.

"I don't know." I shook my head with a pout on.

"He hasn't invited you out again, right? But you'll see each other tomorrow so, I guess it's not needed." She shrugged.

Tomorrow, Channie and I will see each other again at an awards show.

"That isn't the same, Lili. It's not like I can openly talk to him nor even smile at him during awards." I retorted.

"Well... yeah but you can bow whenever you cross path with him." She said followed by soft chuckles.

"Of course." I pouted with my reply.

"What if he only sees you like a dongsaeng? He's five years older, right?" She asked. "Or what if he's just taking good care of his hoobae?"

Chanyeol is definitely the kind of person that treats his hoobaes as dongsaengs and he definitely is good to them. I haven't known him for long but based on what people say about him, I think I don't need to wait for a long time to realize that. What people say about him, especially when our managers talk about EXO is close to being a testimony of the truth about him.

People won't call him kind to a fault for nothing.

"Awe, don't be sad, Chaeyoungie..." Lisa said before her arms wrap around my waist and resting her chin upon my shoulder as we walk.

I didn't realize I've maintained my pout while looking sad after she asked her question.

"If he sees me as what you told me then, I should be happy and contented, right? I mean, I should not expect so much from someone as kind as him. I should not confuse his kindness into something else."

"But you're somehow assuming, right? That he likes you? I would if I were you." She retorted which made me dart glares.

"Yah... I'm not saying I like the guy." She defended with a chuckle. "What I was trying to say is if someone like him showed me the same treatment to me, I won't be able to help it. I'd assume that he likes me. Everyone would."

Of course. I'll be lying to myself if I say that I'm not expecting anything. Tho, stopping myself from expecting would prevent me from hurting just in case he doesn't feel the same.