Chapter 5

~4 Years Later~

It's been 4 years since Oscar found out. It has been 1 year since he found Saviour, his wolf; the one his mum told him about. He decided to call him that because he genuinely believed his mum when she said that he's going to save him. He has been his one and only companion since. Guess it's true what they say about a dog being a man's best friend. Also, Saviour doesn't try to kill Oscar because he spent half a year training him to not do that. He also trained him to let the 17-year-old ride on his back. He was abnormally big and strong for a wolf which will prove to be a great advantage.

His parents. He doesn't know what to feel anymore. He doesn't even feel guilty anymore. He's just numbed out by all the gore and death that had been surrounding him since he woke up from his coma. He used to though. He used to feel so much guilt. Guilty for having the virus. Guilty to have wasted so much valuable time because of the virus. Guilty for killing his parents because of the virus. He has killed so many more after that because of the virus. Now, he wears a mask to keep everyone around him safe from the virus. Luckily, animals aren't affected by it. Saviour is safe from him; from the awful virus. Now, however, he just doesn't care; he's still trying to kill as little people as possible for the sake of his dead parents but those deaths just don't affect him anymore.

After he read the diary entry, the 13-year-old boy went on his way to find someplace to live. He had gotten so mature after he read the hurtful words from his mother. He just wanted to do exactly what she said. Too bad it hadn't worked out like that.

Once he finds a stable, little hut in the middle of the thick, dark woods, he gets a few memories back. He remembers one time in England when he was bored and went out to explore. He was a curious little being and being so, made him know what he knows now.

Oscar, only 10 with deep blue eyes, had seen a huge, broken building. Obviously, the smart boy he was, he went inside. The door behind him closed and he got invited into complete darkness. He couldn't see a thing. He kept walking forwards using the walls beside him. Slowly he saw hollow windows which brought light in, giving mercy to Oscar's blind eyes.

The light, giving him a chance to see his surroundings, shone at everything. It shone at the broken bits of bricks and the slightly cracked walls. Everything was destroyed in one way or another; everything except the door a couple of feet away from him. It was simplistic, with a white door and at the top, it had big bold letters saying, "Virus: AB-18"

Of course, 10-year-old Oscar had no idea what would happen after he opened that door. He wouldn't have had any idea that that was where skeletons laying there from past scientists, horrifying the boy afterwards. He wouldn't have known that the scientists were secretly experimenting on a virus. A virus called AB-18. He wouldn't have known that they hadn't figured everything out and one of them caught it, gave it to the others and died, leaving their bodies to rot in the cold, enclosed area. He wouldn't have known that the virus was loose in the room and he had caught it. He wouldn't have known all this because he ended up getting scared and running all the way back home, getting into a coma for 3 years, killing his parents and then growing up with the horrible, horrible virus which made his eyes go into a glorious purple shade.

But then he found all of that out. He found out most things because of his mum's diary. He decided to keep it and good thing he did or else he wouldn't have known so much. Evidently, it wasn't all his mum, it was his memories and other things he had found on the way. Like the news and rumours, he always hears.

He is now 17-years-old. 17 and illegally fighting to get his money. Something his mum didn't want him to do. Illegally getting his money. She hadn't wanted him to do anything illegally instead she wanted him to get a job. But how could he do that? Jobs have dress codes and none of them that is suitable for Oscar's age, lets him wear the mask that keeps everyone from dying.

He couldn't get a job, hence he had no other option but to fight illegally and get money. People bet on him to win and he always does. The virus helps him since it makes him stronger. Usually, people don't allow anyone younger than 18 to fight but that's okay since people don't realise that Oscar is 17 years old.