||3.||

•||Ch3: Unexpected News||•

||Mishal POV||

Half an hour later the gun shots stopped which felt like hours.

“Ma'am, are you fine?” Driver whispered from his seat.

I hummed because I was afraid to speak anything. I lifted my head and looked out of the window. There was bodies and blood everywhere.

Driver stepped out of the car and opened my door. I stepped out of the car and tried to stand straight but failed. I was shaking as I looked around us.

“Sir is here!” He said nodding his head behind me.

I turned around and saw Zayaan with a gun in his hand. There was few men with guns behind him who were looking around. I slowly went near him as he gave his gun to the other man.

He grabbed me hand gently and said something to the men in Pashto which I didn't understand.

He dragged me towards the other car and I followed him with my shaky legs. He opened the door and I quickly climbed inside. He sat beside me and told the driver again something in Pashto while I was shaking from fear.

Driver started the car and Zayaan pushed a button and a divider was put between driver and us.

“Are you scared?” He asked in deep voice.

I opened my mouth then quickly closed it and nodded my head.

“From me?” He asked quietly.

I looked up at him in confusion and shook my head. Of course not. I was not afraid of him instead I was afraid of the people who attacked.

He chuckled softly and draped his arm around me and pulled me close to him. I tensed at his touch but it was gentle which made me relax and little.

I stiffed a little but slowly put my head on his chest. I closed my eyes and heard his heartbeat.

I heard him whispering something but I was so lazy to hear and slept.

I opened my eyes when I felt something moving. I looked and saw Zayaan. I quickly sat up and looked away. He slowly removed his arm and I missed the safety his arm was providing me.

I tried to remember how I got here in the same car as him then I remembered what happened. I exhaled slowly and tried to forget it but I was shaken from inside.

The car was stopped and Zayaan climbed out of the car. I also stepped out of the car and tried to stand straight with the support of car. Zayaan noticed me and came near me.

He walked ahead of me and I followed him. I blinked severely times because I felt dizziness. When we entered the house I felt suffocation and like someone was taking all the oxygen away from me.