||14.||

•||Ch14: A Past to Meet Future||•

||Mishal POV||

~Before Mishal's & Zayaan's Nikkah~

I sat the table quickly and quietly before pa entered in the dining hall for lunch and started yelling or screaming at me. He was very punctual and always wanted the whole dining table set with the dishes before his and my brother arrival.

I put the last dish on the table and silently went back to the kitchen to disappear myself. I sat down on the floor in the corner of kitchen and opened my book. I was revising for my last exam which I had next day.

Pa didn't know about it that I was going outside the house to give my exams but Numan knew about it because he was the one who dropped and picked me from my college without pa knowing. I smiled as I remembered the day when Numan surprised me by buying my books instead of his new mobile.

“Mishu, I can buy mobile anytime or wait till next month for pocketbook but you can't buy new books anytime or wait till pa agrees. My sister's education is my number one priority right now. Study well and rock your brother name.”

I was so happy that day and promised him to study well. I looked down at my book and revised all the course. When I heard the footsteps in the dinning hall, I quickly closed my book and hid it in one of the cabinet.

I went out of the kitchen and entered in the dining hall just as pa and Numan sat on the chairs. I quickly served them and stood in the corner in case they needed something.

“Girl, come here and served my son more,” Pa ordered me pointing at Numan's plate.

I was always a girl for him but Numan was always his son for him. Sometimes, I thanked the Lord above to not giving him one more daughter. I never wanted any other girl to go through what I was going through.

“I am not hungry and you know I don't eat that much,” Numan said, quickly and before I walked to him.

“When I was in your age, I eat more than you and was strong enough to fight against ten or move the tractor with my these muscles,” Pa told him, proudly.

Numan didn't say anything and kept eating slowly. I knew why because he always ate with us after pa was done. Like us, he also hated this rule that females eat after the men of house. Pa thoughts were always ancient. He always thought like the uneducated ancestors from 60's or maybe 90's.

Once pa was done eating, he walked out of the dinning hall to the other big hall. Numan quickly helped me to take all the dishes and plates to the kitchen. We both washed the dishes together with siblings conservation.