seventeen

chapter seventeen

chapter seventeen

B R E A K I N G
A N D
E N T E R I N G

WARNING THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS BRIEF MENTION OF SEXUAL ASSAULT!!! PLEASE DO NOT READ IF IT MAKES YOU UNCOMFORTABLE

AFTER JONATHAN LEFT, JACKIE CROSSED HER ARMS IN PUZZLEMENT. One of her largest pet peeves was having information withheld from her. Her nerves began to fray as the wheels in her head began to turn.

Jackie tried to piece every bit of information she had to draw a conclusion on what Jonathan was hiding from her. She, of course, drew a blank. She simply did not have enough information.

And if Jonathan wouldn't spill, then maybe Billy would. Jackie ran upstairs back to her bedroom, but grew confused when she didn't see Billy. She searched every area of her house, but her boyfriend was not there. How long has he been gone, she asked herself.

Jackie folded her arms across her chest. She had never been to Billy's house and she had no idea where he lived.

The next person she could think of questioning was Steve. She could remember hearing his name being said when Maxine rang her phone.

Fortunately for Jackie, she knew his number by heart. In a split second, Jackie was downstairs, picking up the phone from the hook on her wall. Quickly dialing Steve's number she waited patiently for him to answer.

The longer the phone rang, the more worried Jackie became. She feared that Steve wouldn't answer and that she wouldn't be able to slake her lust for the truth. She needed to know what both Jonathan and Billy seemed to be hiding.

Jackie's fraying nerves evaporated once she heard a voice on the other line.

"Hello?", the voice of a man that was not Steve answered.

Jackie, at first, was confused as to who was it that answered the phone. But, she quickly remembered that it was most likely Steve's father. "Um, hi, Mr Harrington, is Steve home?"

"Who is this?", the man asked, his aggravation apparent in his voice.

"My name is Jackie, I'm a friend of Steve's.", Jackie informed, hoping that Steve's father would just hand the phone to Steve.

After a few more silent moments, Jackie heard shuffling on the other line before a new voice spoke.

"Hello?"

Jackie immediately recognized the voice and she was pleased that it belonged to Steve. Jackie sighed in relief. "Steve, thank God.", she expressed her relief. "Steve, what the hell happened last night?"