Magician 1

Upright:

Keywords:

Pure Masculine Energy, Strong Powerful Man, Conscious/Will, Self/Ego, Creative Intellect, Golden Opportunities, Miracles, Flash of Inspiration , Inspired, Magick, Power, Personal Power, Power is in your Hands, Energy, Control, Knowledge, Leader, Intelligence, Realistic, Practical, Thought Process, Ideas, Plans, Opportunities, Ambitious, Vision, Purpose, Goals, Following a Dream, Taking Action, Making an Impact, Impressing, Selling Yourself/ideas/product, Potential, Will-Power, Focused Concentration, Mental Clarity, Understanding what you want, Motivated, Intentions, Committed, Single-Minded, Determined, Resourceful, Creative, Inventor, Skilled, Tools of Trade, Qualified, Talented, Dexterity, Self-Aware, Self-Belief/Confidence/Esteem, Striking Out Alone, Able, Vigorous, Resourceful, Craft, Cultivating a Project, Being Productive, Being in Charge, Communication, Languages, Articulation, Eloquence, Education, Teacher, Student, Study, Travel, Channelling, Elusive, Conjurer, Illusionist, Scrutiny,

Astrological Association – Mercury, planet of communication, study and speed of movement. Air

Kabbalistic Tree of Life – Walks the 12th path from Kether (Crown/Source) to Binah (Understanding/Contemplation/Supernal Mother)

Hebrew Letter – Beth – House or Home

The Fool has now begun his journey. He has taken his first steps into manifestation. His energy has been released by the Source, channelled through Chockmah (Potential to be/Primal Force/Masculine) and now in a state of raw force seeks to manifest into creation. By travelling the 12th path he finds a home or temple for Spirit to descend into manifestation in Binah .

Binah is the third Sephira on The Tree of Life . Binah is receptive and gives shape and form to the creation of energy released as it manifests. The 12th path brings Spirit a realization of his personal abilities, a clear vision of his plan and what steps are needed to bring it into being. The Fool now actively seeks realisation and becomes aware of his personal power. He has discovered the Ego and Consciousness.

In Binah he finds the feminine aspect in that of the supernal womb. Chokmah provides the raw masculine energy and aspect but it is through Binah that real form begins to take place. Neither one is more important than the other. Either one without the other is useless.

The Four Queens of the Court Cards and the Four Threes of The Minor Arcana also reside in the third Sephira, Binah . This is a fitting residence as the Queens being feminine and the number three related to creation and growth provide the necessary energy to facilitate manifestation. However, this energy is still abstract at this stage but the first stirrings of creation have been initiated.

*****

The Magician is also associated with the Four Aces in The Minor Arcana. In The Magician Card we see the symbol/tool of each Suit laid out on the Table in front of him. These tools are The Wand, The Cup, The Sword and The Pentacle. With these tools The Magician holds the power over his world. With these tools he can achieve anything and everything. The Magician has everything he needs to begin any project or achieve any goal. Both The Wheel of Fortune X(1+0=10) and The Sun XIX (1+9=10=1) are also linked to The Magician.

Card Description and Spiritual Lessons

As The Fool travels the 12th Path encounters pure masculine energy in The Magician. The Magician is the principle masculine life force. He carries the number 1 in the Tarot . He stands for the Self, the Ego, the Will. He is a very powerful man indeed. The Magician will teach The Fool the skills he needs to survive on his journey. In fact, The Magician will stay with The Fool throughout his entire life for each experience brings something new to be learned. He teaches The Fool the important art of communication through the medium of language, speech and the written word.