History

History:

The Chinese zodiac consists of twelve animals that first appeared in the Zhan Guo period [5th century B.C.]. No one knows the exact date as of when the zodiac was essentially created, but they were officially identified during the Han Dynasty [206 B.C.–9 A.D.], which was over 2000 years ago. The zodiac became a popular way to determine a person's birth year during the North Zhou Dynasty [557-581 A.D.] and is still very commonly used today. The zodiac is calculated by a cycle of sixty years in which each animal signifies a different year.

The lunar calendar paved the sequence of the Chinese zodiac animals. This calendar can be traced back to the 14th century B.C. Myths say that Emperor Huangdi, the first Chinese emperor, in 2637 B.C. invented the Chinese lunar calendar, which follows the cycles of the moon.

The zodiac was based on Chinese astrology and was used as a way to count years, months, days, and hours in the calendar. It was formed from two components: the Celestial Stem and the Terrestrial Branch. Each of the 12 animals stands for a year in a 12-year cycle, a day in the a 12-day cycle, and for every two hours in a 24-hour day. These were used to name each year along with the animal signs, but now they mainly just use the dates.

Cultural Significance:

The Chinese zodiac is an important factor to the Chinese culture. The signs have been used for a very long time as a way of dating years in a 12-year cycle of the Chinese calendar. The importance of the zodiac to the Chinese culture is that the animal signs have been used in stories and folklore. These developed the different personality traits that were represented with each animal.

Still even today, millions of people in China believe these predictions and "superstitions" that are described within the Chinese zodiac. Some in the Chinese culture have also based their relationships according to the zodiac.

For example, some find their mates and friends by looking for someone with the zodiac sign that is compatible with their own. They also use it to see whom they would get along with and work best with. In general, the zodiac provides guidance on how people live their lives. The Chinese zodiac plays an interesting role in influencing the culture and community of China.

Relationships:

In the Chinese culture, some base their relationships on the Chinese zodiac from mates to friends, and even business people. Some search for a person with a sign that is compatible to their own; someone, according to the zodiac, who they would get along with well. Only some animals can get along with other certain animals though. For example, one with a tiger sign would search for a person who has a dog sign because it is said that they get along.

According to the Chinese zodiac, people born in the year of the tiger and dog have great communication. However, having the same sign as someone else doesn't necessarily mean that you'd get along with him or her, but there's a possibility. The zodiac can also be used to determine whether a relationship would be successful or not. People who seriously believe in Chinese astrology would go to an astrologer before they would get into something as serious as a marriage. This also could apply to friendships and people with whom you would work with. Many people have used this method for a long time and many still use it today.

Religion:

The history of the zodiac is based on the Chinese calendar, which is associated with Chinese astrology and ancient religion. One of the religions that influenced the zodiac was Taoism. In the Taoist beliefs, they use constellations and space to determine a person's "future." This applies to the zodiac because in Chinese astrology, they believe that the positions of the things in space can affect a person's destiny. They used the sun to decide how all zodiac signs were going to function according to the dates and times.