Prologue (Pre-Hogwarts)

I woke up groggily and groaned. My hair, which was a reddish brown and almost always messy, was two times more messy than usual. I flattened my hair to where it usually was, and looked at the alarm clock. 7:00 A.M. it read.

"Ugh, it's the morning.." I grumbled to myself, wishing I could've stayed in bed longer.

But then I remembered.

"Wait, it's morning! YES!" I cheered, jumping out of bed and throwing on my new robes, grabbing my wand (Hawthorn wood, 11 3/4 in. Surprisingly swishy, thestral hair core) and put it in its small pocket, in the inside of my robes. I rushed out the door with my trunk. My Niffler on one shoulder, my owlet on the other, and my Bowtruckle in my hair. I didn't worry about people seeing me, this was a wizarding town.

***

I arrived on the train and sat in the first empty compartment I saw. I loaded my trunk into where it should be, a decent sized bag of coins for sweets at my side. Bramble, the owlet, cooed quietly.

"Hush now, Bramble." I soothed the brown and gray owl quietly, smoothing her wing feathers down gently. Copper, the Niffler, fiddled with a Knut it had stolen from my bag.

"Copper, how did you get one of my-my bag's-nevermind. I'll keep an eye on you next time." I sighed. Copper squeaked with mischief in her voice.

Hawthorn, the Bowtruckle ruffled the top of my head like a nest of some sort, making it even messier.

"Hawthorn, don't do that please." I said, taking her off my head. She yelled at me in her faint squeak. "Don't you take that tone with me young lady."

Hawthorn made a sound like "hmph" and crossed her arms, turning away from me.

I opened the inside left of my cloak, taking out a small satin box. I opened it and took out two feather earrings from the silk pillow inside.

"Can't forget to put these on." I mumbled to myself, putting the earrings on my ears.

I also took a small bag of treats from my cloak, seeing they were Niffler treats, shook my head, and put them back in. I then pulled out another bag, this time of owl treats. "Here we are! Bramble, you're the only one who hasn't caused trouble yet."

I threw the treat into the air, but instead of flying, Bramble merely jumped, falling to the ground. She picked herself up and chirped happily, eating the treat. I laughed.

My laughter was cut short when the compartment door slid open, and a blonde girl with pigtails and a cloak like hers stood in the doorway.

~Newtie