Chapter Eight

{Sonette's POV}

I didn't know how cool the inside of an empty handbag was. If you're wondering, the answer is very. Very cool.

It was already partially built, the rooms of the different habitats were bland and empty. 

"Okay, you two. I can teach you how to make the bigger habitats. I can't do all magic, after all." Newt said as he jumped from the steps at the entrance.

*** (After they do the magic, sorry I don't know what it's called)

I stared around at what Gwyn, Newt, and I had created. Ten large habitats surrounding the center area, which had smaller habitats for creatures like the Bowtruckles, Nifflers, and Occamies (if I ever get any Occamies).

"This looks amazing! You guys did great!" Newt exclaimed.

"He said we did great." I whispered to Gwyn.

"Thanks Newt! I think we did great too!" Gwyn grinned.

"I'll be right back, let me go get Copper and Bramble." I started up the steps.

"What about Hawthorn?" Gwyn asked.

"Hawthorn stays with me. I like having a creature with me, it keeps me from freaking out. And I can't take Bramble, she'll fly off. Copper'll just steal things. So they stay here, Hawthorn comes with me." I explained.

"So Hawthorn's an Emotional Support animal?" Gwyn asked.

"Yeah, in a way." I nodded.

I climbed all the way to the top of the steps and out of the bag. I reached out for Bramble and Copper, who both hopped into my arms. I went back down and took the two to their new homes.

"Now don't be scared, Mummy's going to be with you wherever you go, because I won't go anywhere without this bag. Don't cause trouble now, please." I soothed the two, who were quite stressful from moving to a new home.

"Alright, let's go back up. I don't want people getting suspicious about us both being gone and a random handbag being on the floor." Gwyn giggled.

"Yeah, let's go." I nodded and followed her back up, Newt trailing behind me.

We emerged from the handbag, a big smile on my face.

"I just realized how I just lived my life dream. I met my idol, got an almost-endless bag for creatures, and am literally wearing his coat."

"I didn't know meeting me was your life's goal." Newt said with a smile, in a teasing kind of way.

"Earlier didn't show you that?" I shot back cheerily.

"Guess you're right." Newt grinned.

"I'm still confused. It actually looks like you're talking to nobody." Gwyn said sheepishly.

I shrugged and closed the handbag with a click of its magnet clip.

"We could go into the Forbidden Forest and find some creatures. Not random ones, only ones that agree to come." I suggested.

"Sounds good to me." Gwyn nodded.

"Alright then, let's go." I started towards the door.

"Hold on, Sonette. Don't you want to get something before we go?" Newt stopped me.

"What do you mean?" I gave him a confused look.

"The invisibility cloak your mom gave you for Christmas two years ago!"

"Oh yeah! I completely forgot about that!" I leapt over to my trunk and pulled out the invisibility cloak, much to Gwyn's surprise.

"What-where-how.." Gwyn stammered.

"Newt reminded me of the invisibility cloak. My mom gave it to me two hears ago, for Christmas. I completely forgot it even existed!" I explained.

"Oh, let's go then!" Gwyn grabbed the end of the cloak and draped it around us. I grabbed the handbag and left the dorm, also the common room.

Soon, the three of us were outside and running toward the Forbidden Forest. Once we reached the edge, we stopped running and walked slowly and carefully.

***(Around ten minute skip when they come across their first creature)

"Shh, do you hear that?" I whispered, stopping Gwyn.

"No, what're you talking about?" Gwyn asked.

"The jingling, like little bells. And singing. Sad singing." I whispered back, cupping a hand around the back of my ear.

"What do you think it is?" Gwyn looked at me.

"A fairy, maybe? Or a pixie. Not a doxy, though. They don't jingle or sing." I replied.

"You really are creature-0bsessed.." Gwyn murmured to herself.

"What was that?" I snapped my head towards her.

"Nothing." Gwyn said quickly, looking away.

The two of us crept toward the sound, Newt walking behind us but not making any sound because he's, well, dead.

What we saw was a tiny fairy, about the size of a pen. It's wing was slightly ripped, and it was singing sadly. I couldn't understand it though, because I don't speak Fairlish.

"Newt, do you know Fairlish?" I looked back at the ghost.

"Yes. I can manage a simple conversation, but I can't read it." Newt nodded.

"Can you tell me what it's saying?"

"It's singing about how it can't fly. It says it's as vulnerable as a baby bird without its mother." Newt translated.

"Can you tell me how to say 'Let me take you with me. I can help you.'?" I asked.

"Etl em kate uyo hwit em. I anc ehpl uyo." Newt told me, before saying Fairlish is basically normal English but the words are jumbled up.

I repeated the phrase to the fairy quietly, who looked up and said something in Fairlish.

"She wants to know if she can trust you. 'Sye' means yes, by the way." Newt told me.

"Sye." I said to the fairy before picking it up gently.

"I probably should have mentioned this earlier. They understand English, just can't speak it."

"Yeah, you should have said that earlier." I gave Newt an angry look.

I'll continue this storyline without skipping anything in the next chapter.

~Newtie