Chapter Three

{Gwyn's POV} immmm back

~Panda 🐼

Standing in the hall in front of the Great Hall, Sonette and I exchanged quick glances, both revealing how nervous we were. I tried to put on a convincing look of confidence, but Copper just tilted her head at me and made a face saying "That's all you got? Can't fool me, no sir."

I picked up the fuzzy creature and rubbed her head softly. She curled up and I put her in Sonette's pocket.

"Shortly after this, you will be entering these doors," the professor motioned towards the doors behind her, "and we will begin the Sorting Ceremony, in which all of you first years will be sorted into a Hogwarts House: Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, or Slytherin."

After a few minutes of murmuring, chatting, and giggling nervously, we entered the doors.

The headmistress, Professor Hermina, escorted us up to the chair where the Sorting Hat was seated.

The headmaster gave a short speech, and then Professor Hermina began calling out names for first-years to be sorted.

"Emiliah Aster!" She called.

The girl walked up to the chair and the sorting hat was placed into a tuft of her creamy caramel hair. After a few minutes of thoughtful silence, the hat screeched "RAVENCLAW!"

The girl grinned and skipped over to the Ravenclaw table, where she was greeted by her new housemates.

"Elliot Barker!" She called.

One by one, the students around me diminished to their houses' tables. I heard my name.

"Gwyndolyn Murphy!"

I kept my head low until I reached the chair. The hat placed on my head felt rough but comforting. It was heavy with years of age. A voice boomed in my head. "Hmm, what shall you be?"

I looked at Sonette to see if she heard this, but she was doing her thing, not making eye contact and messing with Hawthorn.

"Strong, brilliant, caring. DOUBTFUL? You wish to know your birth parents? Trying to prove your worth? Nervous that you won't make any friends?Better be... HUFFLEPUFF!"

Sonette smiled at me, and gave me a thumbs-up sign. I raised my eyebrows and walked to the table. I felt relieved that I was in such a good house. At least I'm not in Gryffindor. The girl prefect hugged me and told me how cute I was. I stuck my tongue out and took a seat.

After more students went, it was Sonette's turn. She shoved her animals in my hands and walked up to the chair. About five minutes later, I heard the Sorting Hat yodel: "It seems to me you are a..."

Hah I'm so mean