Chapter Six

{Gwyn's POV} This chapter is happening during Sonette's little chat with Newt just so ya know

Five days of school had past since the Sorting. Sonette and I were put in the same dorm, and currently shared a bunk. Right now, I was trying to find the Brooms Closet to see if I could get out on a broom (because Brooms class was tomorrow and apparently I couldn't wait that long), but the staircase kept moving, and anytime I even got close, I would find myself back in some dusty corridor or a crowded staircase.

I turned away from the greenhouses (I don't know how I managed to get here) when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around and saw Liam Basel, the Hufflepuff Quidditch captain. I immediately took a step back and retracted my hands to my pockets. "Umm, hi?" I mentally cursed myself for making that a question.

"Hello there," he began. I couldn't help but notice the curious glint in his glossy, dark hazel eyes. "Gwyndolyn, right?"

"Yup, that's me." I replied.

"You, uh, you are the one who er—" I could tell he was having trouble speaking to me.

"What?" Suddenly I knew what he was trying to say. "Oh you mean when I went to that Quidditch game and I played at the end and my team won and I got to hold the cup?"

He nodded. "Yeah."

"Oooookayyyyyy." I turned to leave.

"Wait, wait! Gwyndolyn," he sighed. "Do you wanna be on the Quidditch team? I mean, we don't normally recruit first-years, but I spoke to the Headmaster, and your talent is exceptional," I cut him off.

"Yes, yes. Of course!" I grinned. I put my hands on his shoulders and straightened him out. "Chaser."

"Mm-hm. I've already got your robes and everything. The first game is tomorrow."

"Tomorrow?! I haven't even gone to a practice yet!" I stared at him in shock.

"Yeah... we don't practice that much. We aren't known for winning," he said sadly. "All of the other teams were hoping for you to be on their team...especially Gryffindor."

"What? Why don't you practice much?"

"We don't win!"

"WELL THATS BECAUSE YOU DON'T PRACTICE." I gave him a stern look. Then I realized that he was like a foot taller than me and I kinda stepped down. "Sorry." I mumbled.

"It's fine," we were now in the broom closet. I hadn't even noticed we were walking because I was thinking about this demonic outrage called Gryffindor.

I looked at the practice schedule board for Hufflepuff. It was completely blank. "Ugh." I whipped out my wand and murmured a few spells (yes I know that this is the 5th day of school, but having pure blood adoptive parents, I know a few spells.) and words and numbers appeared on the board. A full practice schedule. "There. First practice, tonight at six. We will practice everyday from six to eight, only exception sickness." I said boldly. I realized that I was sounding like I was the Quidditch captain. "I mean, unless you have an objection," I motioned towards Liam.

"No! That's fine. I'm really only here to spread the news and coach the team. I've never really been good at planning, anyways."

"Okay. See you tonight, then."

"See you," I felt Liam's gaze on my back as I left.

I heard Sonette chatting as I entered the dorm room.

I wondered who she was talking to.

But when I stepped inside, she was wearing a blue coat I had never seen before, and was talking to nobody.

Just keep reading...