Chapter Seven

I was beginning to wonder about this strange girl.

First, she is talking to her animals on the train, and now she's talking to...no one?

"H-hey, Gwyn," she parted her jaw in a awkward smile and waved.

"Who're you talking to?" I could feel my face burning. "I mean, n-not that you can't talk to anyone else but me or anything, uh,"

Sonette glanced at something- or some one and shrugged. "I'm talking to Newt." I made a face at her. "Oh, Newt Scamander."

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yes why wouldn't I be?" Now it was her turn to make a face at me.

"THERES NO ONE THERE."

"Oh." I heard her say to the invisible thing.

"He says you can't see him," she explained. "Four generations ago, he-Newt that is- put a piece of his soul into this coat," I shivered. "NO, no not like a Horcrux! It's just so that whoever wears the coat can see and hear his ghost." She paused. "I'm the last generation. Once I die, Newt's soul will expire from the coat and his ghost will just be a normal ghost that no one can see or hear." She patted the air.

"You're crazy." I began to pace. "Am I dreaming? No, I can't be dreaming."

"What gave it away?" She asked.

"I don't have the brains to make this up!" I exclaimed.

I saw Sonette's glance shift to where "Newt" was supposedly standing. "What?" She asked. "Newt, what's wrong?" She paused. "Wait, oh. Gwyn, he says you remind him of someone he knew a long time ago. A muggle."

"Mmhm." I was bouncing from foot to foot and I didn't really know what to say to that, so I ignored it.

I stared at the staircase, trying to take in that my new friend was talking to my idol's ghost.

Wow.

"Gwyn, are you coming?" I turned to see Sonette halfway into a beige handbag.

WHO IS THIS STRANGE GIRL?!?!?

She's definitely bonkers.

So I followed her.

Sorry for the short chapter, Newtie is going to write a really long one. ~Gwyndolyn (formerly Pandatuft 🐼) (also yes Gwyn in this story is based off of me, and Newtie is Sonette)