Chapter One

"Can I sit here? The train's about to leave and everywhere else has bumbling idiots." The girl huffed.

"U-u-um, s-sure." I nodded awkwardly. Note how I have the fantastic ability to quickly make my social skills decline to zero when I have to talk to actual humans.

"Cool creatures." She said. "I'm Gwyndolyn by the way."

"Name, uh, my name, uh, I-I'm named, I mean my name's..." I stammered.

"Just say your name." Gwyndolyn chuckled.

"S-Sonette. I'm Sonette." I said.

"Cool name! What's your last name?"

"Scamander." I told her.

"Wait, Scamander as in Newt Scamander? The-"

"Author, Magizoologist, creature keeper? The most kindhearted man in history?" I smiled.

"No.. I'm talking about the Chaser. I'm pretty sure he also wrote a book."

"Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them!" I informed her.

"Yeah, that one."

"Anything off the trolley, dears?" The trolley woman asked, appearing in the doorway.

I nodded, asking for some licorice wands, pumpkin pasties, and Bernie Botts. I go to get my money and-

"It's gone!" I gasped. "Oh wait, I know where it went. Copper!" I picked up Copper and shook her upside down overtop of the bag, all my coins falling out.

I paid the trolley woman and shared my sweets with Gwyndolyn. Well, I only actually gave her a single pumpkin pasty. It's my sweets, after all.

***

By now, the train had been driving for about half an hour. That means 45 minutes left. Wait, if the ride is two hours and fifteen minutes... thirty minutes... carry the... this math is hurting my head.

"I'm getting tired, I'm gonna take a nap.." I mumbled, laying down on the chair and dozing off.

"Mkay." Gwyn replied, clearly tired as well.

***

"HUH WHAT?" I called out, jolting awake.

"Why'd you wake me up?" Gwyn asked, mildly upset.

"Sorry, I just-wait, look!" I pointed out the window.

Gwyn's gonna write the next chapter.

~Newtie