Chapter Two

Heyyyy so me and Gecko have been working on this story irl and we are gonna be doing POV switches. This chapter is from Gwyn's POV aka my character. We'll be introducing other characters in this chapter too. And we hate Gryffindors. Apologies to all you hypocrites out there who wanna be the boy who lived. Yah, let's just get on with the story.

~Panda

Sonette bounced up to the window, pressing her face to the glass. Her niffler did the same. This girl was pretty hilarious.

Honestly, I can't say anything. I smooshed my cheek to the pane too.

The castle is huge, it's magnificent towers loom out over it's grounds. The famous Weeping Willow's branches were swaying around in the chilly September air, entangling themselves like hair on a rollercoaster. The lake was glistening with mist, rolling in low clouds above the water.

AHHHHHH! This is the moment I've waited for my entire life!

Sonette was muttering something to her animals.

"This is it...Hawthorn you have to make a good impression on professor hrmablrgg."

Except she didn't actually say hrmablrgg, she said something I couldn't understand.

"What was that?" I asked her, breaking her trance. Her head snapped up and she started stuttering. I could see visible beads of sweat and dust from the window on her forehead.

I bundled up my coat and pulled my luggage from the overhead. Sonette did the same. We unloaded. Sonette followed me. Eh, she could be the clingish type. {This is foreshadowing remember this}

All of the students were gazing in awe of the castle. Except Sonette. She was sighing loudly and jiggling her niffler around.

"Copper, really? You chose now to pickpocket Gwyndolyn?!? And just when I was trying to make a good first impression..." she coughed nervously and lowered her voice. "Copper give up the necklace, too. Wait, where'd you get that ring? Blimey, five pairs of earrings? Copper, this is an all time low..."

I checked my pockets. Before I had left, my mum had slipped a few galleons into my cloak. And they were gone. I reached for my neck, and the smooth jewels that were usually hanging limply there were also gone.

Sonette trotted over to me and smiled apologetically. She kept her eyes fixed on the ground behind me. "H-here's your stuff. I'm sorry; I've had him for four years and he's still not trained." I noticed that she talked a lot differently when she was speaking about her animals.

"It's alright." I refilled my pockets with my stuff. Then Sonette bounced nervously up to the girl in front of me. There were a swarm of other students around her. She had a extremely long chestnut brown ponytail and Gryffindor robes.

"My niffler took your stuff. Sorry," Sonette pushed her way through the crowd to the Gryffindor. "Here." She handed her stuff to her.

"My jewels! Keep your rotten rodent away from me!" She said as she snatched the items from Sonette's hands.

"Hey!" Sonette clutched Copper to her chest, offended.

"What? Oh my, the briefcase girl is offended? I must apologize at once!" The girl snickered sarcastically.

"Oi! Shut up, uh, you!" I attempted to insult, but I was at a loss for words, seeing that I didn't know her name. "Were just first years! We don't want to have anything to do with you, rotten human!"

The third year stared at me in shock. From the way her face looked, I assumed no one; especially an unsorted first year that also happened to be a half-blood and adopted; had ever stood up to her.

I turned back to Sonette.

"Uh- hey Sonette? You can sit with me if you want. On the boat, I mean."

"Yeah, okay," she stared at the floor. "I mean- thanks." she acted like she had just remembered manners.

We climbed into the boat and began our descent across the lake.

Read the next chapter! 🐼