Chapter Ten

{Gwyn's POV} This is while Sonette's taking care of Jingle and so on. Enjoy!

I shut the door to the common room behind me. I raced against time as I bounded down the corridor.

I broke into the field and tore across the grass. By the time I got to the rest of the team, I was panting. "H-hi, guys!"

Six people turned to me.

"Hi, Gwyndolyn," Liam said.

"Hi!!" A small girl with a broom in her hand said. She was bouncing from foot to foot and twiddling her fingers, she was very bubbly. "I'm Jaci Merking, the other Chaser."

"Gwyn." I said cooly.

"Hi." A boy walked up to me. He was twitching and blinking rapidly. "I'm—licorice wands!—Devin."

"Hi, uh, licorice wands Devin."

"LICORICE WANDS! I'm so sorry." He yelped. "Licorice wands, ack, I have-licorice wands-Tourette syndrome."

"Oh. So you have verbal and physical tics?"

"Yeah, licorice, wands, AHHHH" Devin pressed his hands to his forehead. "Sometimes, I can control it."

"Cool."

"Are licorice wands your favorite candy?" I heard a voice behind me and turned to a boy.

"Actually, no." Devin screeched. "I like, licorice wands, noooooo! I like chocolate frogs."

"I like pumpkin pasties." I said.

"Cauldron Cakes are my favorite!" Jaci grinned.

The new boy introduced himself as Brayden. He's a beater.

Yet another girl came up to me. "Hi. I'm Harper." She pulled down her hood to reveal a silly grin. "Brayden's my twin brother. We're the Beaters." She dramatically waved her hand in the air.

"Dun dun dahhhhhhh," Brayden said. "We heard that in a muggle movie. Were Muggle born, Hufflepuff and proud!"

"We're pulling a HUGE prank on the Gryffindors tomorrow, we're gonna hide a Puffskein under their bleachers, it's gonna be great!" Harper grinned, showing dimples that sunk down far into her cheeks.

"Oh no! We're terrified but we're sooooo brave that were gonna fight this puffskein! Ooh nou it's biting me butt!" Brayden imitated Gryffindors.

"YES!" I screeched.

"Uh guys do you wanna start Quidditch practice?" Liam questioned.

"Not yet," I paused, catching my breath. "I have a friend, Sonette, who might have a puffskein."

"Great!" Jaci exclaimed.

Then, another kid, a fifth year, came down the field. "Why is she here?" He pointed at me.

Liam stepped in front of me protectively. "Nice to see you too, Gil. This is our new Chaser, Gwyndolyn Murphy."

"Oh, that little kid who thought she was so great at the Quidditch match? Hah."

"Who're you to say anything? I bet I'm a better player than you." I piped.

"Okay, let's see then."

"That's Gil, the Seeker," Jaci whispered to me. "He's really mean but pretty good."

"Ha, I'd like to see him beat me in a race." I smirked.

Liam sighed, like he was expecting this.

"Okay, let's begin practice." Liam said.

After 45 minutes of stealing the Quaffle from Jaci and avoiding Bludgers, the team met back up at the supply tower.