3. Do Not Confuse Me (1)

⚠️ Warning: Mentions of physical bully.
Kindly skip this story if youʼre uncomfortable with the topic ⚠️

Part 1/2

Lauryn looked at herself in the mirror. She was looking at her half-naked self and examined how she looks every day. As usual, she didn't break her eye contact with her reflection as her fingers ran down her bare skin.

When it reaches her waist, she winces in pain. When it reaches her stomach, she winces again.

Her eyes currently is pooling in tears. The facts that how ugly her flesh looks and how no one knows about it... sadden her heart.

Was she a coward for not reporting what had happened to her? Was she a superwoman to face and fight this all herself? Or was she just so stupid to silence up?

Knock. Knock.

Lauryn quickly wrapped a towel over her body as she turned around to her door. She had locked her door but in case someone can get in and saw all her bruises, she covered up anyway.

"Are you up honey? Its 6:45 AM already," her mother spoke from the outside door.

"Yes I'm up!" Lauryn replied. Deep inside she wanted to run and cry in her mother's embrace to seek for comfort and strength.

"Okay, dress up and come down for breakfast,"

"Okay!" Lauryn stood there as she listen her mother's footsteps faded away. Then she dresses up and wears light make up but pays more attention to her eyes.

She cried herself to sleep last night so she looks like a sore panda right now. She wouldn't want anyone saw that and get worried over her.

Before going to school, Lauryn hugged her mother tightly then waved her goodbye with a bright smile. No matter how bad yesterday was for her, today she will start a new day bright.

. . .

"Heyy Rin good morning!" someone came up and ruffled her hair in a friendly way.

She looked up and saw a cute boy smiling sweetly at her. Her face beamed and she wanted to reply as cheerful as he did but her intention faded away once she saw someone was beside him.

"G-good morning, Jimin," she replied to him cautiously. Jimin frowned weirdly at her sudden off vibes but laughed it off.

"Good morning Lauryn!" the girl beside Jimin greeted her too. To be honest, Lauryn was so scared to hear her nice and friendly tone like that.

"G-good morning..Haeun," Lauryn also hate that she stuttered in front of that woman too.

"So, let's have lunch together as usual! Oh, did you make the lunch box I requested you?" Jimin put his arm around her shoulder then he tilted his head cutely. Curious to hear her answer.

Chills ran down Lauryn skin. She mentally groaned and yelled at Jimin for acting like that in front of his fucking girlfriend. Lauryn anxiously glanced to Haeun who doesn't look good. Lauryn did make Jimin the lunch box he wanted but she didn't dare to tell him the truth.

"Sorry, I woke up late today," Lauryn grinned as guilty built in her. She felt worst when Jimin looked sad.

"But you promised me," Jimin pouted.

"Next time, okay?" Lauryn stroked his back gently. She purely wanted to console him but she didn't noticed how Haeun was holding in her anger watching them both.

Haeun cleared her throat and Jimin quickly let go of his hand.

"Okay see you," Jimin looked to Lauryn then to his girlfriend. "See you," he lightly pinched Haeun's left cheek as he grinned then left to his class, leaving the two girls alone.