16. Red Strings (III)

Reminder:
This is the last part for Coincidence series. Read part 1 (Coincidence) and part 2 (Destiny) before proceed to read Red Strings so you will not get lost XD

 Read part 1 (Coincidence) and part 2 (Destiny) before proceed to read Red Strings so you will not get lost XD

" 𝒓 𝒆 𝒅 𝒔 𝒕 𝒓 𝒊 𝒏 𝒈 𝒔 " ; 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐣𝐢-𝐦𝐢𝐧
ʷʳⁱᵗᵗᵉⁿ ᵇʸ ˢᵒᵒᶜʰⁱᵐˢ
____________________
。。。。♡ 。。。。

The weather is nice today and for once, you finally can draw a deep breath and let it out without feeling sick to your stomach.

Because to be honest, everything wasnʼt going well for the past months. Ever since the day you walked away from Jimin, the day you had face your parents and voiced out your boldness to call off the engagement.. things were tough for you.

And it must have been for your parents as well. They thought everything was going well between you and your fiancé and without you knowing they even had the marriage date set with your soon to be family-in-law.

Maybe, it was reckless of you to speak to them without discussing with your fiancé first. Yet you canʼt help and feel free. The burden of family expectations and fear of your future were lifted off your shoulders when you came out to your true feelings then.

While of course, your parents felt otherwise.

Disappoinment were as clear as crystal, flashed across their face. They try to understand but you can see they wished that day was just a nightmare to them.

You just called off your engagement with one of the finest man they thought suit you the best and decided to find your own, true happiness.

That made you decide to leave your home too with reasons being to give you and your parents time. Because they said they are fine and they respect your decision, but waking up to see them faking smiles and clear disappointment dancing in their eyes-you couldnʼt face it so you left.

Youʼll wonder to your fullest and come back to show them that you can decide yourself a happy future and they need not to worry anymore. They should let go and try to accept that they were your parents, not some God who pointed which path you should be going or with whom you should spend the rest of your lives.

Sighing, you walked down the road from little apartment you lived now thanks to your ex-fiancé who was now your friend. Speaking of him, he had call you right after he received news from your parents.

You both met later that night and had drinks on a rooftop pub while having long talk throughout the night. He came out honest and thanked you for your courage to end the planned marriage since you were babies.

Thus this concluded that not only your parents, but his parents were also disappointed. The fact that his parents blamed you for it and accused you of seeing another man had made him stood to protect you by telling his parents the truth.