Chapter 26: Nothing Else Matters

I had been in a daze since I had kissed Lauren a few hours ago. My brain had finally said goodbye and left my head to go on vacation. My mind was blissfully blank as I let the classes pass me by, grinning like an intoxicated fool the whole time. The teachers gave me worried and suspicious looks, thinking that I was doing drugs, but I couldn't care less. Yeah, I was high, high on Lauren though and that was thousand times better and more addictive than any drug.

I couldn't wait to see her again. I had tried to convince her to skip school with me and she had almost agreed, if it weren't for some freaking teacher stumbling into the auditorium by accident.

I just wanted to hold her again because this time, I'd be holding her as a lover and not a friend anymore. This thought excited me so much, I could barely breathe and I had received weird looks throughout the afternoon because I would sometimes gasp for no apparent reason.

By the time the school bell rang for the last time, I was buzzing with anticipation and swoosh, I was gone before the teacher could assign any homework. Like I would've done them, pff.

And seemed like I wasn't the only one eager to get out of school because as I stumbled round the corner, I almost collided with a certain raven. Not wasting one second, she threw her arms around me and I happily hugged her waist, squeezing her tightly.

Various tunes of happy songs played in my mind, and I wanted to loudly sing along to them. So loud that everybody in this universe could hear me - well, maybe not that loud because then I wouldn't be able to hear Lauren anymore.

Contently sighing, Lauren and I slowly pulled away from each other, but our eyes stayed locked together and we grinned at each other like there was no tomorrow.

"You're still wearing that shirt." She stated with a big smile, her eyes lingering on the printing 'Likes Lauren Jauregui' on my shirt.

"And you're still beautiful." I playfully shot back. Giggling, her eyes darted to mine again, sparkling with such bright intensity that it made me dizzy. How could someone express so much with their eyes only?

"You're still a charmer." She retorted with a laugh, lightly tugging at the hem of my shirt. I shortened the distance between us before I slowly said. "And you're still twice as gorgeous up near."

I had said it without thinking, but the feeling of déjà vu overwhelmed me, sucking all the air out of my lungs. Blurred pictures of old memories flickered before my eyes, and I remembered how I had once told her this and made her cry. My features slackened and I watched with worry how Lauren's expression changed, giving me a touched smile as her eye lids were erracticly fluttering.

"And you still know how to move me, making me feel like I'm special." She whispered, her eyes roaming my face, trying to soak in everything that I was.

And I didn't know how she could say things like that when I felt like being the one whose heart got squeezed and touched. She was the one moving me, she had been the only one who was able to. For so long, I had managed to stay unattached to so many girls, but then Lauren crashed into my life and turned everything upside down.

"Come." I breathed and took her hand, wanting to get out of here. She and I had so many things to catch up with, so many things left unsaid and undone, and I still had the feeling of being under time pressure. I just wanted to have as much time as possible with Lauren, wanted to be with her every second but then again, I didn't want to become too clingy and dependent on her.

I was ready to explode with all the feelings buried inside of me, I wasn't used to so many emotions at the same time. Let alone so many happy feelings. I was one ball of pure positive energy, I almost felt supernatural with all the blood hotly rushing through my veins.